Use the cross-curricular activities in this thematic mini unit to motivate and engage students as they learn about Groundhog Day and shadows.
This integrated set was created by a team of primary teachers and comes with the following hands-on activities and more:
• Reading and discussing groundhog stories (suggested literature list is included)
• Creating pop-up groundhogs
• Predicting whether the groundhog will see his shadow
• Making Groundhog Day sunglasses
• Measuring and recording shadow data
• Singing a groundhog song (lyrics included)