This is a collection of activities for Groundhog Day.
1. Groundhog Graphing: Students get to predict what they think will happen on groundhog day. They secretly fill out a ballot. Students record the results on their own personal data graphs.
2. Groundhog Day Poem: This poem can be read as a whole class during shared reading and then used in a poetry center.
3. Groundhog Prediction Signs: There are two signs that can be displayed to help students remember what happens whether the groundhog sees his shadow or not.
4. Writing Prompts: Students write about what they will do if there will be six more weeks of winter or if it is going to be an early spring.
5. Groundhog Day Book: This book is written around a mid to end of first grade level. It tells about groundhog day and also gives some facts about groundhogs. Then, students get to make their own groundhog puppets to put into their book. They use them to "pop" out of the ground- there is one with a shadow and one without.
JD's Rockin' Readers