Here is a small packet of activities about Groundhog Day for preschoolers. There are two emergent readers, “wh” question cards, a winter/spring picture sort, and open-ended dot worksheets.
• Groundhog, Groundhog, What Will You See?- Emergent reader that uses a predictable structure to target asking and answering questions. This reader also targets weather vocabulary words.
• It’s Groundhog Day- Emergent reader that teaches basic information about groundhogs and Groundhog Day. This reader is designed for a Pre-K language level and includes 1-2 sentences per page.
• “Wh” Question Cards- 12 question/answer cards about Groundhog Day. You can use them as comprehension questions for the “It’s Groundhog Day” emergent reader. The answer cards include pictures.
• Winter/Spring Picture Sort- Students sort 24 different pictures into 2 categories: things you see in winter and things you see in spring
• Dot Worksheets- 3 black and white dot worksheets that you can use during a variety of different activities
My Cute Graphics- www.mycutegraphics.com
Monkeying Around in First- http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Monkeyingaroundinfirst
Activity created by Lauren Laur, CCC-SLP