This 10 page interactive adapted book helps students learn about Groundhog Day through WH questions. Each passage includes 1-2 sentences of informational text and a corresponding WH question to check reading comprehension. Students choose the correct answer from a field of 3 cards with both words and a visual cue.
Sample passages and WH questions:
• Every February we celebrate Groundhog Day. [When is Groundhog Day?]
• People think Phil can give us clues about the weather. Everyone watches what Phil does. [What does Phil give us a clue about?]
Also includes five worksheets to add a writing component to the book.
1) Circle the picture
2) Circle the words
3) Answer the question - independently
4) Answer the question - tracing
5) Trace the word by itself
This is not a comprehensive review of Groundhog Day but rather a few key pieces are highlighted for a special education class. The text is very basic so students can focus on the important pieces. Please check out the preview - it contains the entire book so you can determine whether it is appropriate for your students.
Includes directions for creating the book, set up, instruction and modifications. While designed for students with autism in mind, this book can be used in any special education or early childhood classroom.
Other February resources you will love:
• Famous African Americans Adapted Book
• Presidents' Day Adapted Books
• Black History Adapted Books
• Daily Fine Motor Practice - Valentine's Day Theme
• Basic Concepts File Folders
This book is part of my Ultimate Bundle
which includes all of the adapted books in my store at a significant discount!
Thanks for stopping by!