Groundhog Day can be a fun day in the classroom! I have created these anchor charts so that you can hang them in the classroom to remind your students what happens when the groundhog sees his shadow or doesn't see his shadow!
Groundhog Anchor Charts
- Hang the groundhog anchor charts for students to reference as they learn about Groundhog Day.
This is part of my Groundhog Day Product! If you are interested in other Groundhog Day activities, you can check it out here!
These are the activities included in the product:
- Students get to predict what they think will happen on Groundhog Day. They secretly fill out a ballot. Students record the results on their own personal data graphs.
Groundhog Day Poem
- The poem is sung to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot". Poem can be read whole class during shared reading and put into a poetry notebook.
Groundhog Day Book
- This book is written around a mid to end of first grade level. It tells about groundhog day and also gives some facts about groundhogs. Then, students get to make their own groundhog puppets to put into their book. They use them to "pop" out of the ground- there is one with a shadow and one without.
Groundhog Directed Drawing/Writing
- Included are step-by-step directions on how to draw a groundhog. Students can then write their predictions or write about what happened with the groundhog that morning.
- This game has a separate Power point where there statements about groundhogs. Students get up and move to different sides of the room (true side or false side). Then teacher will reveal the answer and discuss using the Power point.
Groundhog Day Word Search
- This word search is perfect for young learners who are just learning how to do a word search.
Don't forget- leaving feedback earns you TPT credits toward free TPT purchases!
FOLLOW ME to be notified when new resources are uploaded AND I offer 50% off my products for the first 48 hours. It pays to follow.
ROCK YOUR LITERACY BLOCK!
JD's Rockin' Readers