-Dice chart with articulation tasks
-Articulation cards: 24 cards for each of the following sounds in initial, medial and final position (and sometimes in blends too!): /r/-green words, /l/- purple words, /s/- orange words, /th/- pink words, and /sh,ch/- blue words
-Cards to “take 1 extra” or “put 1 back”
1. Print 1 copy of the chart (page 2) and cards (pages 3-12). Print 2 copies of the extra cards on page 13. Laminate and cut apart.
2. Separate cards by sound (each sound has a different font color so you can easily separate them if they get mixed up).
3. Mix a few “Take 1 extra” and “Put back 1 card” into each deck. You decide how many! (I usually mix in 2-3 of each type).
4. Place chart in the middle of the table.
5. Students roll the dice and draw a card from the deck that contains their sound.
6. Students look at the chart to see their task. They must then complete the task using the word on their card. This is meant to be silly! Encourage the students to create silly sentences using their good speech!
7. The student with the most cards at the end is the winner.
Clipart from Scrappin' Doodles!