Celebrate Groundhog Day with a close read of an original informational text and practice with Common Core Standards!
In this package, you will receive materials to give your students a chance to closely read (and annotate if preferred) an engaging text and apply that knowledge to practice the skills in Common Core.
A Teacher's Guide and Answer Key are also included to provide ideas on utilizing these materials in your classroom!
You will receive two different articles with two different Lexile scores so you can differentiate to meet the needs of the learners in your classroom. Articles come in four different formats: With and Without decorative border and with and without large right margins to annotate. The two articles have the following Lexile Scores:
• 1000 Lexile
• 1210 Lexile
You will also receive graphic organizers and Text Dependent Questions for the articles.
• Paper Saver Close Reading Organizer to summarize, make inferences, use context clues, and identify key ideas in paragraphs of the article. This comes on two pages, which can be printed back to back to save paper.
**Separate Graphic Organizers are provided to practice the same skills. These graphic organizers have one skill per organizer so you can differentiate or select the skills you want your students to practice. These also allow the work to be done at different stations instead of during one sitting.
• Inferences Graphic Organizer
• Central Idea Graphic Organizer and Rubric
• Key Details & Summary Writing Piece with Rubric
• Context Clues Graphic Organizer
2 Different Options of Text-Dependent Questions and answer key are also included!
(32 Questions for the 1210 Lexile Article and 23 Questions for the 1000 Lexile Article.)
• Text-Dependent Questions (Worksheet Style)
• Text-Dependent Question Cards (both numbered and not numbered) allow you to pick and choose questions that you want students to work on. These can be utilized at stations or for group work.
A Text-Dependent Question Response Sheet is included so students can record their answers when using the cards.
A fun Groundhog Day Word Search is also included for early finishers or a just a fun way to work with words.
Looking for WRITING IDEAS??? Check out my GROUNDHOG DAY WRITING TASKS!!!
Please contact me with any questions. Thank you for checking out my product! Click the star in the upper right hand corner if you like me work to “follow me” so you can be notified about sales, flash freebies, and new products.