Celebrate Groundhog Day with 6 different literacy, language and listening activities! This unit includes:
1. Sequencing Events- Sequence 4 picture events of Groundhog Day.
2. Comprehension Questions- Answer 6 WH- questions with two picture answer choices and 6 Yes/No Questions about Groundhog Day.
3. Spatial Concepts- Describe where the groundhog is in the given pictures.
4. Phoneme Manipulation- Listen carefully and change sounds in words to make new words
5. Spring/Winter Picture Sort- Sort the Spring and Winter items onto the correct seasonal mat.
6. Roll-And-Rhyme Game- Choose and picture card and roll a die. Name the number of rhyming words indicated on the die. Watch out—Old Man Winter may take your cards; but there are also opportunities to take cards from him by rhyming words!
Your students will have fun targeting literacy, language and listening skills while also celebrating Groundhog Day!