Groundhog Day Math Mystery (Grade 3&4) - NO PREP and common core aligned activity, great for practice and review. Depending where your students are at in the curriculum it may also provide an excellent opportunity to teach something new! Engage and motivate your students to practice a variety of math skills with this fun Groundhog Day themed Math Mystery!
Trouble has struck Mathhattan! Chuck the Groundhog has been kidnapped! A great math detective is needed to solve the case and save Chuck.
Bundled for a mixed grade or different levels of ability, these worksheets will keep the students engaged. All the clues are the same just with different difficulties. For example, you could swap Clue 1 from Grade 3 to Clue 1 from Grade 4 to make that clue more challenging for some students.
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Math Mystery Story
- Suspect List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
GRADE 3 SKILLS
- Clue 1 Worksheet: Multiplication Skills (Facts 1-12)
- Clue 2 Worksheet: Rounding Numbers (To the nearest 10 or 100)
- Clue 3 Worksheet: Comparing Fractions (With Like Denominators)
- Clue 4 Worksheet: 3-Digit Addition (Some with regrouping)'
- Clue 5 Worksheet: Missing Factors (Facts 1-12)
GRADE 4 SKILLS
- Clue 1 Worksheet: Multiplication Skills (1-Digit Numbers by 2-Digit Numbers)
- Clue 2 Worksheet: Rounding Numbers (To the nearest 10, 100, 1000, 10000, 100000)
- Clue 3 Worksheet: Comparing Fractions (With Like Denominators or like numerators)
- Clue 4 Worksheet: 4-Digit Addition (Some with regrouping)
- Clue 5 Worksheet: Dividing 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers
- A student suspect declaration sheet that includes a clue completion checklist and a teacher check off as solved/try again.
- Answer sheets for each clue plus a color coded guide to the elimination process of the suspect list.
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case and save Chuck the Groundhog!
I hope your students enjoy. Please do not hesitate to email me on JJResourceCreations@gmail.com if you need help or have any questions when using this resource.
This Groundhog Day math mystery is also available for other grades. Click on the links below to preview the skills covered in each:
Look for the little green star near my store name and click to follow to stay updated on new freebies and mysteries added to my store!
GROUNDHOG DAY SINGLE GRADE ACTIVITIES
GROUNDHOG DAY MATH MYSTERY GRADE 2
GROUNDHOG DAY MATH MYSTERY GRADE 3
GROUNDHOG DAY MATH MYSTERY GRADE 4
GROUNDHOG DAY MATH MYSTERY GRADE 5
GROUNDHOG DAY MATH MYSTERY GRADE 6
GORUNDHOG DAY DUAL GRADE BUNDLES
GROUNDHOG DAY MATH MYSTERY GRADE 2 & 3
GROUNDHOG DAY MATH MYSTERY GRADE 3 & 4
GROUNDHOG DAY MATH MYSTERY GRADE 4 & 5
GROUNDHOG DAY MATH MYSTERY GRADE 5 & 6