Products in this Bundle (3)
Your first and second graders will LOVE using their math skills with operations and place value to find Mr. Groundhog's lost shadow on Groundhog Day!
Here's what you'll get in this bundle:
* A set of of 24 task cards to strengthen skills with operations and place value. Choosing from a grid of four numbers, your students will solve numerical expressions with two digit numbers to eliminate three of the options. The remaining number is "Groundhog's Missing Shadow"! A student recording page is also included , and an answer key.
* The same riddles in printable worksheet format (4 per page)
* Four additional printable worksheet pages, great for having your students use higher order thinking skills to extend their understanding of these riddles, and also for writing about math
* A themed 100 chart for differentiation and extra support
* A Groundhog Day Flip and Find game for the 120 chart. This is a board game with 36 number clue cards, like "ten more than 53" or "ten less than 75". Players read a card and interpret the clue. Then they find the space where the number is located on the 120 chart and write the number. The first player to mark three spaces in a row wins.
* A one-page printable of the same flip and find 120 chart game, with the 36 clues printed on the same page. Use this version for independent work or even as a fun homework activity.
* 8 bonus elimination riddle cards
Math skills addressed in this set include …
♦ Compare numbers using symbol
♦ Distinguish even and odd numbers
♦ Know value of US coins (nickels and dimes), and use the coins to skip count
♦ Locating and writing missing numbers on a 120 chart
♦ Determining ten more than and ten less than numbers through 120
Here are some options for using the task cards …
♦ Use in a math center for individual or partner work
♦ Use for whole class review with your document camera
♦ Use as a skills review rotation (Scoot!), individually or with partners, with students moving to stations around the classroom to solve the riddles.
♦ Use them as enrichment activities for your advanced students
♦ Use for morning “bell ringers”
♦ Use as enrichment for early finishers
♦ Print two-sided for independent work ... prints well in black and white, too!
Thanks for your interest in this resource! Here are more math riddle task cards that you and your students will love!
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
Click here to follow my store. You‘ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺
Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson