Also included in
- Your first and second graders will LOVE using their math skills with addition, subtraction, and place value to find Mr. Groundhog's lost shadow on Groundhog Day!Here's what you'll get in this bundle:* A set of of 24 task cards to strengthen skills with operations and place value. Choosing from a grPrice $5.20Original Price $6.50Save $1.30
- This bundle of mid-winter math activities for first grade includes games and center activities for Groundhog Day, Valentines Day, and Presidents Day. Activities in this set include...* One-page games* Read the Room* Math riddle task cards* Cut-and-glue sequencing puzzle* Comparing values card gPrice $26.40Original Price $35.25Save $8.85
Groundhog Day is such a happy little February celebration! This set of 24 riddle task cards and related activities will help your first grade and second grade students practice math skills with operations and place value in a fun and novel way, solving math riddles to find out where Mr. Groundhog's lost shadow is!
Here's what you'll get in this resource:
* 24 printable riddle task cards (4 per page). Choosing from a grid of four numbers on each card, your students will solve numerical expressions with two digit numbers to eliminate three of the options. The remaining number is "Groundhog's Missing Shadow"!
* Student recording page
* Answer key
* Themed 100 chart for differentiation and extra support
* The same riddles in printable worksheet format (4 per page)
* Four additional printable worksheet pages, great for having your students use higher order thinking skills to extend their understanding of these riddles, and also for writing about math
Math skills addressed in this set include …
♦ Add and subtract one-digit and two-digit numbers, with no regrouping
♦ Compare numbers using symbols
♦ Distinguish even and odd numbers
♦ Know value of US coins (nickels and dimes), and use the coins to skip count
Here are some options for using the task cards …
♦ Use in a math center for individual or partner work
♦ Use for whole class review with your document camera
♦ Use as a skills review rotation (Scoot!), individually or with partners, with students moving to stations around the classroom to solve the riddles.
♦ Use as enrichment activities for your advanced students
♦ Use for morning “bell ringers”
♦ Use for early finishers
♦ Print two-sided for independent work ... prints well in black and white, too!
This is a ZIP file of two PDF fles, with all prinr=tables available immediately upon download.
Thanks for your interest in this resource! Here are more math riddle task cards that you and your students will love!
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
Click here to follow my store. You‘ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺