Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
59.91 MB | 16 pages
Groundhog Day Math Mystery (Grade 4) - NO PREP and common core aligned activity, great for practice and review. Depending where your students are at in the curriculum it may also provide an excellent opportunity to teach something new! Engage and motivate your students to practice a variety of math skills with this fun Groundhog Day themed Math Mystery!
Trouble has struck Mathhattan! Chuck the Groundhog has been kidnapped! A great math detective is needed to solve the case and save Chuck.
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Math Mystery Story
- Suspect List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1 Worksheet: Multiplication Skills (1-Digit Numbers by 2-Digit Numbers)
- Clue 2 Worksheet: Rounding Numbers (To the nearest 10, 100, 1000, 10000, 100000)
- Clue 3 Worksheet: Comparing Fractions (With Like Denominators or like numerators)
- Clue 4 Worksheet: 4-Digit Addition (Some with regrouping)
- Clue 5 Worksheet: Dividing 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers
- A student suspect declaration sheet that includes a clue completion checklist and a teacher check off as solved/try again.
- Answer sheets for each clue plus a color coded guide to the elimination process of the suspect list.
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case and save Chuck the Groundhog!