My students love all things Groundhog Day! This pack was created to reinforce early learning concepts with a fun groundhog twist! Here is a look at what's included:
• Groundhog Color Matching Activity: Students match the groundhogs by color. To add more of a challenge, use the color sight words. Use with coordinating color cups and pom-poms and have the groundhogs “hide in the matching burrow. A black and white ink saving opion is also available.
• Groundhog Colors Student Sheet: Two versions are available, depending on the level of your learner.
• Groundhog, Groundhog, What Color Do You See? Emergent reader that focuses on color words in the same repetitive text as Brown Bear. Use all or only the pages needed. Two versions are available.
• Groundhog Shadow File Folder Game: Students match the groundhogs to the correct shadows. Can also be used as a cookie sheet activity instead.
• Groundhog Shape Shadow Match Memory Game: Students match pairs of groundhogs by shape and shadow in a memory type game. The cards can also be used in a pocket chart. Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut apart.
• Groundhog Shape Match Student Sheet: Students cut and glue the matching shape on this take home sheet.
• “Will Phil See His Shadow?” Graphing Activity: Two versions are available. One with the word Phil and one with Groundhog. Class Chart pieces are included, as well as individual student graphing sheet.
• Groundhog Ten Frame Cards: Students match numbers 0-10 with ten frame cards.
• Where is the Groundhog? Positional Word Activity: Practice positional words “on, under, between, above, below, and next to” with this fun cut and glue the groundhog activity. Choose from color or black and white.
• Groundhog Day Emergent Reader: A simple reader to explain Groundhog Day to little learners.
• Groundhog Crown: Pattern and pictures for students to make their own headband/crown announcing whether the groundhog saw its shadow or not.
• Groundhog Alphabet Recognition Game: Upper and lowercase groundhog cards are provided, along with groundhog cards to play in a pocket chart. Students who name the letters correctly or name a word that has the letter in it will check to see if there is a groundhog hiding behind the card. Students can trade the cards in for a reward of your choice.
Use these fun activities as arrival/table time activities, center activities, small group instruction, stations, and during circle/learning times. These Groundhog Day activities are designed for preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten.
Easy prep and easy to use! Many are print and go!
Be sure to check out all my other Winter Activities!
Follow my blog Preschool Wonders
and store by clicking on the green star to be notified when new products are posted. New products are discounted 50% for the first 48 hours!