Groundhog fun! – This is part of my Holidays Nonfiction Bundle
Looking for some nonfiction to use with your Groundhog Day activities? The 6 full color groundhog photo information cards (half sheets and full sheet size) in this unit can be printed, laminated and used in many ways. They can be hung around the room for a fun groundhog "Read the Room” or Scoot activity (with corresponding questions cards nearby). They also can be placed in a center for small group work. In addition, the cards can be projected on a screen to be used whole class. (I included full page versions for this purpose.)
I also included cards with QR codes for students to scan to get the question that goes with each fact card.
The accompanying printables and review activities work with the information on the cards.
-Groundhog Fact Cards: - 6 half-sheet cards, perfect for small groups or to hang around the room; 6 full-size fact cards, for projecting to the whole class ; 6 fact cards with QR code cards (all 3 variations of the fact cards contain the same information, just in different formats)
- 6 Question Cards and Recording Sheet
- Main Idea Recording Sheet and Main Idea Matching Sheet – 2 levels of the same skill to allow for differentiation
- Great Groundhogs! – fill-in-the-blank and full questions for answering 5 W questions
- Meet Mr./Miss Groundhog – quick informational sheet to record details
- Informational Writing Plan Sheets – 2 versions of main idea and details
- Writing Paper – 3 versions, with different lines
Be sure to take a look at the preview to get a better idea of exactly what is included.
Looking for more nonfiction winter animal fun? Check out my Animals in Winter Bundle
Looking for more nonfiction units? Click HERE
to see them all!
Being a Scientist
All About Reindeer
All About Turkeys
Endangered Animals nonfiction
Animals in Winter
All About Insects
All About Spiders
All About American Robins
All About Frogs
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa, Second Grade Stories