Also included in
- Do you teach (and assess) skills such as reading comprehension, listening comprehension, responding to text, or defending answered with text evidence? Do you address ELA skills like main idea, using descriptive words, inferencing, making predictions, using context clues to decipher unknown words, co$39.64$49.55Save $9.91
- February 1st is Groundhog Day! Target speech and language skills (even your mixed groups) with these 3 highly engaging (and discounted) resources (that also include games and videos of Punxsutawney Phil's big day)! I've been using these passages for years - in classrooms, in language and articulatio$7.92$9.90Save $1.98
February 1st is Groundhog Day! Incorporate this popular tradition into your Kids are truly fascinated by this quirky holiday! For non-readers, this can be used as a great listening comprehension activity! An adult should read the cards so the students can respond. Want a digital boom card version? Find it HERE.
- 7 Video links to expand learning and spark further discussion
- Writing prompt so students can respond to text in writing
- Venn Diagram for suggested compare/contrast tasks (included)
- 1 page board game - Wake up Phil and get him to Gobbler's Knob for the big day!
- larger, 2 page board game
- Suggestions for use and prep
Prep couldn't be easier - Just print, (laminate if you wish) & cut passages if desired.
► Passages can be used along with individual students, used for partner reading, or used for group discussion. Read passages aloud to turn this into a listening comprehension activity. Cards can be incorporated into the various games described in the download.
► See all of my Groundhog Day products HERE.
► Need more seasonal non-fiction packets for reading and language comprehension? Click HERE.