A furry little rodent crawls out of its den, is scared by its own shadow, and that means we'll have six more weeks of winter? Sounds like silly superstition, doesn't it? But several parts of the Groundhog Day legend do in fact have a basis in science and careful observation of nature:
This package approaches Groundhog Day from these perspectives:
*Animal Behavior Science
This package is everything you need to present a fun, effective and memorable program for your elementary students! This package includes:
*A 12 page engaging Power Point presentation. Each page possesses
very attractive transitions and animations that make this product a powerful
tool when teaching visual students.
*A simple, printable, outline, two page guide to the "Groundhog Day"
presentation. Print off one copy per student as a "take home" item. Place in a
three prong folder.
*Printable, coordinated, folder labels
*Groundhog coloring sheet - Most students love a coloring contest and it keeps
the subject active in their minds for days longer!
I welcome feedback. Your comments can help me make my resources better for you.
In addition, when you give feedback, you receive TpT credits, which may be used to purchase any product at any store on the Teachers Pay Teachers website (subject to the site’s rules and regulations). You can learn more by clicking on the link below:
Click Provide Feedback to earn TpT credits.
Every $1 spent = 1 credit
50 credits = $2.50 off a purchase
You may :
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
You may not:
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.