I'm so excited to bring to you this Groundhog's Day Mega Bundle COMPLETE lesson plan. When I was teaching, these units were what I strived to create for my classroom.
Here's three things you need to know:
- It is easily laid out - materials needed are clearly stated.
- It's customizable - make it as easy or as hard as you want. You can challenge your gifted students while being accommodating to your students that need a little more support.
- It's engaging and fun - students will WANT to do this lesson and not even realize they are learning.
Over 20 pages of resources for multiple grade and abilities levels!
Be sure to check out the preview to see an in-depth look at what you'll receive.
You'll receive the following resources:
- , including oral discussion with students, materials list, extend the learning suggestions and links (3 pages)
- for MLA Citation 2nd and 3rd grade (1 page)
- Teacher Resources - both in color and black & white - printed on 8.5" x 14"
- Early Spring Voting Box (2 pages)
- 6 Weeks of Winter Voting Box (2 pages)
- Graphing Votes (2 pages)
- Student Resources - black & white only - printed on 8.5" x 11"
- - Students use their research results to cast their vote while writing why they came to the conclusion. (1 page) Use at any grade level.
- - Students are encouraged to define the following words as they are used in the Groundhog's Day discussion: Consensus, Predict, Factor, Data, Summary, Contribute. (2 pages) This is perfect for gifted or older students.
- - Blank sheet for you to use in the future or to add to the vocabulary words in this unit. (1 page) You can give students that need a bit more assistance or at lower grade levels, easier words. Students define the word and then are asked to use it in a sentence. Use at any grade level.
- - The class will color the correct section for every vote cast. You will color your own in the Teacher's Resources "Graphing Votes" documents. Students are asked to summarize the number of votes cast for each option given, the total number of votes and are the votes greater than, less than or equal to one another. (1 page) Use at any grade level.
- There are two options available - The first option - identify numbers (1 - 6) and color shape according the number/color guide at the bottom of the page. Use at any grade level.
- The second option is addition by 1 (1+0 to 1+5) to achieve the answer, following the number/color guide at the bottom of the page. Included is a colored answer key. ( 3 pages) Use at K+ grade levels
- - K to 2nd grade with answer key (2 pages)
- - 3rd to 5th grade with answer key (3 pages)
This resource made possible by the incredibly clipart by LittleRed and Kathy Schrock's MLA Citation Guide for 1st through 6th Grade.
You'll receive a zip file containing the PDF files organized for your convenience.
I hope your students enjoy this bundle as much I enjoyed making it!