Groundhogs Day Craft and Opinion Writing Activity for February Bulletin Board
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Get your opinion or persuasive writing unit rolling with these SIX fun prompts and activities. Students will go through the writing process to create a common core aligned research based writing piece. Each activity is designed to be taught in one week or can be condensed into less days. The weeklyPrice $15.00Original Price $18.00Save $3.00
Engage students in learning about Groundhog's Day with this fun groundhog craft and opinion writing prompt. Students will love this fun groundhog writing prompt and the graphic organizers helping them decide if they want 6 more weeks of spring or winter. They will brainstorm ideas as to why they think either season is better, and then publish an opinion writing piece about it.
Groundhogs Day Writing Prompt and Craft Timeline
This groundhogs day opinion writing prompt, craft and lesson can be taught in one day or stretched out throughout five days. Students generate ideas for their writing, then will turn those ideas into a full writing project.
There are two versions of this Groundhogs Day craft:
- Primary Lined (with a sentence stem "I want 6 weeks of...")
- Intermediate Version (with planning, drafting, editing and publishing pages)
What's Included in the Groundhogs Day Writing Prompt and Craft Resource:
- Teaching Guide
- 2 Pages of Photo Examples
- 2 Brainstorming/Planning Pages
- 3 Different Versions of Drafts (differentiated)
- Editing Checklist
- Groundhog Craft Pages
- 2 Rubrics
Interested in other informative writing projects? Check these out below!
- Poppin People About Me Informative Writing Project
- Animal Habitat Research Report
- Pumpkins Informative Writing Project
- Bats Informative Writing Project
- Welcome to MY HOUSE Informative/Descriptive Writing Project
- All About Me Informative Writing Project
- Thanksgiving Descriptive Writing & Craft
- Simile Monster Descriptive Writing & Craft
Or Save 20% on the YEAR LONG WRITING BUNDLE reviewing all genres.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please open the preview file to see exactly what is included and ask all questions before purchasing.
Don't forget to follow me on TpT to get first access to my resources, which are always 20% off for the first 24 hours.
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.