Groundhog Day themed Writing Prompts and Worksheets
1. Writing Prompt: Will the Groundhog see his shadow?
2. Writing Prompt: I think the Groundhog will…
3. Writing Prompt: What does it means when the Groundhog sees his shadow?
4. Writing Prompt: What does it means when the Groundhog does not see his shadow?
5. Writing Prompt: Which prediction would you rather, six more weeks of winter or an early spring?
6. Writing Prompt: Why is the Groundhog afraid of his shadow?
7. Writing Prompt: Describe the inside of a groundhog's underground house.
8. Writing Prompt: The Groundhog is afraid of his shadow. What are you afraid of?
9. Writing Prompt: If I had a pet groundhog I would…
10. Writing Prompt: What will happen on Groundhog Day? With room for pictures on each step.
11. Writing Prompt: What will happen on Groundhog Day?
12. Will the Groundhog see his shadow? Tally and Total
1. How many students voted yes?
2. How many students voted no?
3. Circle the choice that had the most votes?
4. I think the Groundhog will
13. Will the Groundhog see his shadow? Graphing
I think the Groundhog will…
Most students think the groundhog will
14. Groundhog Day Predictions (with pre-filled chart)
1. How many students voted for shadow?
2. How many students voted for no shadow?
3. How many more students voted for the no shadow than shadow?
4. What is your predictionfor Groundhog Day?
15. Do you prefer Winter or Spring?
Things I like about winter.
Things I like about spring.
The season I like best is
16. Winter vs Spring venn diagram 1
17. Winter vs Spring venn diagram 2
18. Winter Observations
19. Spring Observations
20. Winter Observations
Here is a picture of the winter
Here are words that describe the winter
Here is a sentence about winter
21. Spring Observations
Here is a picture of the spring
Here are words that describe the spring
Here is a sentence about spring
22. Writing Prompt: I can describe winter in three words
23. Writing Prompt: I can describe spring in three words
24. Writing Prompt: I can describe a groundhog in three words
25. Writing Prompt: I can describe a shadow in three words
26. Writing Prompt:
27. Writing Prompt: Groundhog
28. Writing Prompt: On February 2, the Groundhog will…
29. Instagram themed template
Pretend you are a groundhog. years old. Draw a picture of yourself and your burrow.
# Groundhog Name _______________________
# I would be good at ______________________
# My favorite thing to eat __________________
# I would not like to ________________________
30. Blank Writing template with just sentence guidelines and room for a picture.
31. Blank Writing template with just sentence guidelines.
32. Blank page with just Groundhog Day header.
33. Groundhog Day Word Find
34. Groundhog Day maze 1
35. Groundhog Day maze 2
36. Groundhog Day maze 3