In this activity, students will solve word problems using proportions and proportional reasoning. Students will work in three-person cooperative learning groups. This activity provides great practice after a lesson or review before a test or assessment.
Each group member has a different set of problems, but the answer to #1 is the same in all sets. The same is true of the rest of the problems in each set. The sets are differentiated.
* Set A is the most basic. The problems use whole numbers
* Set B has problems with fractions (halves and fourths).
* Set C is the most challenging. Problems have fractions (halves, thirds, and fourths) and decimals. Also, students must convert between different units (feet and yards, minutes and hours).
This file includes instructions, an answer key, and three printable student pages. (Set A, Set B, and Set C)
Thank you for downloading this resource from Kelly Fitzgerald Math!
Try other Group Check activities from Kelly Fitzgerald Math!
- Group Check: Two-Step Equations with Integers (FREE!)
- Group Check: Percent Applications – Percent Proportions/Percent Applications (FREE!)
- Group Check: Multi-Step Word Problems with Rational Numbers