Over the course of this project, students will work in groups and compete in a class-wide campaign. Groups will consist of four students, each with a different role (Presidential Candidate, Campaign Manager, Campaign Treasurer, and Technology Manager). The general goal for students is to WIN the election.
-research different political/social topics on a daily basis
-collaborate in small groups
-discuss and debate controversial topics
-summarize non-fiction articles
-respond to a writer's opinion and cite sources
-use technology daily
-create video clips to promote their group
This package includes the following items:
1. Teacher Guide, including day-by-day itinerary.
2. Project Overview for students
3. Daily Write-up Form (for researching the topics)
4. 12 Debate forms (3 for each debate).
5. Luck Cards (Daily drawing for good luck or bad luck)
6. Final Project Overview (with graphic organizer)
7. Final Project Rubric
8. Self-Assessment Packet