*Full versions of Self-Esteem Bingo, Anger Management Bingo and Healthy Hygiene Habits Bingo are all included in this resource as well as 10 other games and activities!*
This passport was created in order to support students with social, emotional and behavioral issues which act as barriers to learning. It is based on a fundamental belief that young people with complicated emotional, social and learning needs can grow within the mainstream school setting– with specialist support.
The "Group Work Passport" is split into 8 sections. Each section was designed to be delivered in 1 hour; however, the Friendship section can take 2 sessions to complete.
The subjects focused on in this group work packet are:
-Healthy Hygiene Habits
This resource contains:
1. Group Work Passport (14 pages)
2. Facilitators Guide (12 pages)
3. Group Work Handouts (98 pages)
The Facilitator's Guide gives step by step instructions on how the group was designed to be run, but it is up to you how you would like to deliver the content.
Nurture groups such as the one I have put together aim to:
1. Progressively reduce, and where possible remove, more persistent barriers to learning – by equipping and empowering students in core learning skills and habits
2. Provide strategies that help vulnerable students cope with the emotional & social demands of a large school community – namely, relationships with adults and peers
3. Improve the attainment, and in turn the longer term prospects, of those students at greatest risk of underachievement & expulsion.
I have run this group with students from the ages of 10-15 with a lot of success.