Also included in
- 90+ lessons to teach SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL LEARNING (SEL) skills. Perfect for BACK TO SCHOOL activities: Fun, high-interest, important learning skills to kick start a year of learning! Empower students to deal with obstacles, systemic racism, global pandemics, and academic challenges! Want to see what yo$67.25$132.50Save $65.25
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store. ⭐ 23 people have purchased the EVERTYHING BUNDLE so far! When you buy this resource, please email me at Mike@educircles.org - I want to make sure you find what you need! TEACHER FEEDBACK about the EVERYTHING$134.75$269.50Save $134.75
Great Back to School activity to set up classroom expectations for GROUP WORK.
- 8 lessons to help build Social-Emotional Learning skills and help students improve group work.
- Teach fun, meaningful, and transferrable skills that students need to succeed in the 21st Century!
Collaboration and Teamwork are NOT the same things!
- Your students may be working worked in groups but that doesn’t mean they’re working well.
- Students need to recognize there are different teamwork styles (collaboration, coordination, and cooperation).
Want to see exactly what you get before you buy this bundle?
- Watch the BUNDLE PREVIEW VIDEO.
- Look at the BUNDLE PREVIEW PDF.
(It is a watermarked version of the entire PDF resource.)
Want to see what the handouts and lesson plans look like?
Use the life-long tool over and over again!
- Use it again during Back to School season with your new class to set the tone for a year of learning!
- Teach important lessons if you ever need to fill a period.
- Use this right before you start a group project to get more out of your students.
- Leave the detailed lesson plans for a substitute teacher to use.
⭐ The best time to plant a tree was 25 years ago. The second best time is now.
Save HOURS of PREP.
- Includes examples of collaboration to help your students see the difference between just co-operating, or coordinating others, and real collaboration.
- The teamwork styles handout is DIFFERENTIATED for different abilities in your class.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ TEACHER FEEDBACK ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- "Thorough and a great resource for coming back in person where students are not familiar with working together yet. Thank you!"
(⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Extremely satisfied - Mary S)
- "Very helpful in getting students to know and understand expectations of learning while being remote."
(⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Extremely satisfied - Jennifer D)
- "Fantastic! I use this with my eighth grade and they cant get enough of the interaction!"
(⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Extremely satisfied - Cara C)
Collaboration is about working together to produce or create something. Teamwork is a bigger umbrella term that includes 3 different styles: collaboration, cooperation, and coordination.
Teamwork could be
- A group of students is working on an assignment.
- They’re all contributing to the discussion as equals.
- Finally, they have a collective aha moment and figure out something they didn’t realize before.
- A group of students is working on homework questions together.
- They’re sharing information with each other.
- But, they each are working on their own separate goals (get their work done.)
- A group of students is working on questions
- The kids who are stronger tell the kids who are struggling what to do or write down on the assignment page.
- Someone takes on more of a leadership role and tells others what to do.
Build a growth mindset in your students. Teach them strategies to get better at collaborating.
✅ The NO PREP slideshow lesson teaches the concepts.
✅ You can EDIT THE FILES to fit your classroom needs.
✅ The slideshow lesson is comprehensive and teaches the concepts:
- DISTANCE LEARNING, BLENDED LEARNING or 1:1 LEARNING in Google Classroom
- IN-PERSON LEARNING in your real classroom
..... Hey, this is cool - check it out! ⭐ BACK to SCHOOL lessons to kick start a year of learning!
- Try this SURVEY so your students can see what kind of mindset they have.
- Do these FUN CLASSROOM DEBATES - does EQUAL mean FAIR?
- Watch these VIDEOS and figure out if teamwork is the same as collaboration. (Spoiler: not always.)
- Play these COMMUNICATION GAMES to notice how communication breaks down.
- Try the DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT challenge and see what happens!
- This one is MY FAVORITE. Students have a lot of fun with the group activity in Section A. The viral video in Section D is shocking... but are we really surprised at this point?
My name is Michael Fuchigami. I'm the teacher behind Educircles.
- I want to help you SAVE HOURS of PREP.
- Sign up for the Educircles Newsletter to stay in the loop!
- TpT support has clarified that we are not allowed to include contest information in our product descriptions or anywhere else on their platform. More info.
⭐⭐⭐ Teachers around the world have DOWNLOADED over 60,001 Educircles resources!
- Check out where teachers have bought my resources (map.)
- THANK YOU to everyone who has purchased an Educircles product.
- 10% of your purchase helps students going through a tough time.
- With your help, Educircles has DONATED $9,344.68 to STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH organizations!
- Here's why I do what I do.
✅ SOCIAL and EMOTIONAL LEARNING (SEL) in a world of Covid, Systemic Racism, and Constant Change...
- Teach students how to PIVOT when faced with obstacles and opportunities.
- BUILD character: develop resilience during uncertain times.
- EMPOWER classroom citizenship: actively participate in our school, local and global community to make the world a better place.
- THINK critically instead of reacting to fear, viral videos, or fake news.
- EVALUATE systemic discrimination in a real-world case study: how might a system impose unfair burdens on a group of people?
- Help students with SELF AWARENESS and SOCIAL AWARENESS. Start by asking your students Who is Invisible...
✅ SAVE HOURS OF PREP (and money) with a bundle!
- Reading Strategies bundle
- Goal Setting bundle
- The Educircles EVERYTHING bundle (Psst, the price goes up as I add more resources to my store.)
⭐ Why am I so passionate about 6Cs and Social-Emotional Learning? Because SEL helped save my life.
You can also read more about Collaboration Skills Lesson Plans on our website.
SINGLE PDF update - v2022-07-19
The individual products in this bundle now have a Single PDF to print (with a File Table of Contents and all handouts)
- I added a digital learning version (Easel by TpT)
- I added Microsoft versions for all files
- NO CHANGES to teaching content in sections A, B, or C.
- Updated teaching content in section D. (Updated the Handout - Student Self-Evaluation)
- Files are now packaged by section (A. Word Jumble, B. Teamwork Styles, C/D Video + Consolidation) instead of splitting Google Drive folders by use (i.e. Print and Teach, Edit the documents, Google Classroom)
- Simplified file names using descriptive words (handout, slideshow).
- Minor changes to formatting / layout
- Combined all handouts into a single PDF to print (for individual products)
- Removed Google Slides versions of handouts (and replaced with Easel by TpT)
If you have any questions, please ask in the Question section or email me at Mike@educircles.org