The following is an 11 slide PPT which teaches and reinforces the topic in Sociology of Groups and Social Interaction.
This PPT has great illustrations and real world examples to help teach and help students apply the topic of Groups and Social Interaction.
The PPT contains all of the following topics:
- What exactly is a group and examples
- Primary and Secondary Groups
- Social Category and Social Aggregate
- Reference Groups
- In Groups and Out Groups
- What are boundaries and examples
- Social Networks
- Apply Social Networks to Yourself
- What happens with behavior through social networks?
This PPT pairs great with my Group Criteria Application Activity which includes two parts: (1) Asks what makes up a group and what does not along with vocab and (2) Formative Assessment which asks students "Are We a Group" based on 12 real world examples.