Products in this Bundle (13)
showing 1-5 of 13 products
Teaching Gothic Fiction? Rooted in many of the masters of Gothic - Poe, Bronte, and Stevenson - this growing bundle of resources (some of which substitute-friendly!) will engage and challenge your high school English Honors/AP students in this captivating genre. This growing bundle currently contains the following materials:
For Edgar Allan Poe short stories:
- a short stories lesson based on 5 Edgar Allan Poe short stories (5-star rated in a bundle!)
- an informational text (see below for details) (5-star rated in a bundle!)
- engaging Google presentation slides (see below for details) (5-star rated in a bundle!)
For Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre:
- a digital escape room for Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre* (5-star rated!)
- a critical lens exercise for Jane Eyre
- a marriage debate exercise for Chapter 26 of Jane Eyre
For Robert Louis Stevenson's The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde:
- an engaging digital escape room* (5-star rated!)
- an AP/SAT prep workbook for every chapter (65+ questions)
- two versions of a 20-question multiple-choice AP/SAT style quiz/test plus keys (5-star rated!)
- a 12 question auditory task based on Chapter 9, "Dr. Lanyon's Narrative"
- a timeline ordering activity with 3 analysis questions
- a simple 10 character matching exercise
For encouraging student development of a Gothic story:
- a graphic organizer for developing the plot of a Gothic story (5-star rated in a bundle!)
For developing the skills of informational text reading:
- an informational text about what we learn from literature of pandemics, epidemics, and plagues (which contains excerpts of several Gothic texts) (5-star rated!)
For engaging presentations:
- user-friendly Poe-themed Google slides templates (4 slides for daily bell ringer/objective/agenda/homework use and 17 slides with editable text boxes for any use!). Per copyright, the text boxes are editable; the images and borders are not.
Purchasing now allows you FREE access to all future materials added to this bundle! (All you have to do is download the resource again)!
**Technology requirements for the escape rooms**: *Please read before purchasing this resource*
Because these digital escape rooms are Google Sites, students will need a Google account to access the materials. Before purchasing this resource, please test:
- Google Sites: Please make sure your district DOES NOT BLOCK OUTSIDE GOOGLE SITES. I suggest checking with your IT department.
- Jigsawplanet.com: Students will not be able to access one of the activities without being able to access this site.
- Firewalls: I can't control firewalls that your school district may have in place and I'm not responsible if this site doesn't work at your school. Please be sure you check the sites above, and ensure your students have Google accounts so that this runs successfully.
Thank you for visiting my store! Please follow me (by easily clicking HERE!) to receive freebies and updates about new products! New products are 50% OFF for the first 24 hours!
Your feedback is valuable to me! I would love to hear your feedback on this resource. Simply go to your "My Purchases" page where you will see a review button. Click on "Have you used this resource? If so, leave a review." Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Thank you so much!
© Innovative English Instruction