This activity is meant to be used as a part of a girl’s friendship or self-esteem unit.
It is important that we teach young girls how to fill their minds with positive thoughts. Girls are easily influenced by the negative words they hear from others. Girls will often internalize negative comments, which can lead very low self-confidence. Teaching girls to use positive affirmations on a daily basis will help increase feelings of self-worth, while decreasing anxiety, anger, and stress.
Included in this packet:
• “Growing Affirmations” Power Point Activity (includes an option for students to listen to a pre-recorded affirmation. (Great for struggling readers or auditory learners)
• 26 affirmation posters (one for each letter of the alphabet)
• 26 affirmation cards
• Affirmation Flower coloring page
Feel free to use this activity in any way that you choose. I have used it to introduce affirmations to my girl’s friendship group. Girls listen to the affirmation on the Power Point and then repeat the affirmations.
Sample Discussion Questions:
Before watching the Power Point:
1) Do you think our thoughts influence how we feel? Why or Why not? If we think negative thoughts, we feel negative. If we think positive thoughts; we feel positive.
2) What is an affirmation? Words that you think or say and believe to be true.
3) Why is it important to fill your mind with positive affirmations?
4) What can you do if you have a negative thought?
During the Power Point:
1) How does this affirmation make you feel?
2) Do you believe this affirmation to true?
3) What do you like about this affirmation?
After the Power Point:
1) What did you learn today about affirmations?
2) What are a few of your favorite affirmations?
3) How do you plan to use affirmations in your daily life?
Girls will complete their own affirmation flower.
Girls can take home an affirmation card or affirmation poster
If you like this product, check out my "Flower Power I-Messages" which is also great for a "Flower Themed" girls group.
krazy cat graphics