Hello! The science project is a fun way for students to study life cycles of plants and animals!
Students create two life cycle timelines, to see how their own life cycle compares to other living organisms. Each timeline showcases different stages of growth, using pictures or artwork that represent physical changes in chronological order.
This project gives children a chance to:
• Explore their own growth and development over the first 8-9 years of their life.
• Compare and contrast their own growth and development to the other organism they have chosen to research.
• Experience with organizing and following directions to complete a presentation.
• Share their project with classmates as they orally present their finished display.
• Spend time and make new memories with parents and family as they choose pictures of themselves that show their growth and development.
The children absolutely love this project and are very proud after their presentations when they are displayed in the hallways of our school building.
They really enjoy looking at each other’s projects, and the family involvements make this a favorite projects for parents and family as well!