*COMPLETE BUNDLE DECEMBER 2017*
Save $2.96 when you purchase this entire bundle that contains 67 pages of lessons, worksheets/printables, hands-on activities, PBL activities, and examples anchor charts I used during my lessons.This discount bundle includes Lessons 1, 2, 3, 4 of the Growth & Changes in Animals Unit that are individually available in my store:
- Lesson 1: Life Cycles of Animals
- Lesson 2: Classifying Animals
- Lesson 3: Animal Habitats
- Lesson 4: Farm Animals: How do they help us?
The following is included in each lesson:
Lesson 1: Life Cycles of Animals
- PPT & PDF version included, lesson and worksheets on the life cycle of each animal category (mammals, amphibians, reptiles, birds, fish, insects) as well as anchor charts. Specifically, the life cycle of a horse, frog, sea turtle, chicken, fish, and butterfly.
Lesson 2: Classifying Animals
- PPT & PDF version included. Lesson on animal classifications (mammals, reptiles, amphibians, insects, birds, fish).
- 5 worksheets/printables
- Example anchor chart
Lesson 3: Animal Habitats
- This PDF includes 2 hands-on PBL activities to teach animal habitats (rainforests, deserts, forests, grasslands, wetlands, farms, oceans, arctic, and the home).
- PBL 1: Habitat Research
- PBL 2: Animal/Habitat Matching Competition
- The activities allows children to work collaboratively to conduct research on animal habitats and work competitively in groups on an animal-habitat card matching game.
Lesson 4: Farm Animals: How do they help us?
- PPT & PDF version included. Lesson teaches what sort of products farm animals provide us and what farmers must do to keep the farm animals healthy and protected. This download also comes with 3 activities; a classification game, a matching game, and Farm Animal Bingo.
*To culminate this unit plan, I purchased the Animal Report by Seller: Teach to Tell (https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/ANIMAL-REPORT-1849764) and allowed my students to choose their own animals, conduct research, and report on their findings.
** This bundled unit plan is targeted for grade 2-3 students, however, can be used in various primary/junior classrooms.
*** Aligned with Science & Technology unit on Growth & Changes in Animals in Ontario curriculum