I love teaching with growth mindset, it makes so much sense! And my students love it too. So I created these three activities to reinforce this in my classroom of 4th and 5th graders!
NOTE: Click Preview to display the complete resource!
How can I use this product?
Ready to go to kick off growth mindset or as a refresher. You can do the activities as a class or set up stations.
1. Tri-fold Brochure - Students fill in the blanks: What I say, What I should say, and Why. On the back is a growth mindset checklist that your students can refer to.
2. Sorting Cards - Students with a partner can sort the cards into two categories, discuss the categories, share with the class and then talk about the difference between Growth and Fixed Mindset. You can also use these cards to initiate discussions or as writing prompts.
3. Matching Up Worksheet - This worksheet has two columns of phrases: Fixed and Growth. Students connect the two by drawing a line. This is open-ended though as students might have different connections. There is also blank lines at the bottom for students to add in their own phrases.
What is included?
The 13 page PDF file contains:
• Cover page/notes/copyright info/teacher notes (2 pages)
• 2 pages (to print double sided) brochure
• 7 pages of growth and fixed mindset phrase cards (six to a page) and one blank page for you to write in your own
• 1 page Match Up worksheet
Is this available in a bundle?
Not at this time.
How do I connect with Evil Math Wizard?
Be sure to follow my TPT store to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales. New products are always 50% for the first 24 hours, so it pays to follow my store.
To save more money, please leave feedback to earn TPT credits. Also visit my blog
for K-5 math tips and freebies you can use tomorrow in your classroom. You can also find me on Facebook
Other questions or requests?
If you have any requests or questions, please contact me through the "Product Q & A " tab below or email me at Deirdre@evilmathwizard.com