Also included in
- The mind + heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum includes 8 units with 5+ detailed, character education LESSONS filled with TONS of hands-on and mindful activities that encourage children to express themselves and build important social emotional and social responsibility skills. Teach children$79.00$120.00Save $41.00
- This growth mindset SEL curriculum BUNDLE includes the PRINTABLE VERSION & a DIGITAL VERSION. Use both perfectly-aligned resources together to teach kids about their "elastic" brain, fixed versus growth mindset, how mistakes and challenges help us learn, about perseverance, and the Power of YET$22.00$27.00Save $5.00
This growth mindset SEL curriculum is teacher-approved and includes 5 detailed lessons filled with hands-on and mindful activities that teach children about their elastic brain, a fixed and growth mindset, perseverance, learning from mistakes, failures, challenges, and the power of YET. The lessons and activities work great for morning classroom meetings or daily lessons, school counselors and classroom teachers, and children in K-2.
♥♥The mind+heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for K-2 is available for a SPECIAL LOW PRICE DISCOUNT. Get your entire year’s worth of lessons (40+ included) and activities to help young children to develop emotional literacy, self-control, and social competence TODAY! ♥♥
Through a variety of thought-provoking lessons, discussions, community building ideas, and tons of engaging activities…
*Children will learn about their elastic brain and how their brain changes.
*Children will learn that mistakes and challenges help them learn and grow.
*Children will learn the differences between a fixed and growth mindset.
*Children will learn the power of YET and perseverance.
What does this unit cover?
The Elastic Brain. Lesson 1 teaches children about the brain and its capabilities. They will understand what the brain does, that it can change and stretch, and it can get stronger by learning new things.
Fixed vs. Growth Mindset. Lesson 2 teaches children to understand what a fixed and growth mindset are, and to identify examples of each. Children are encouraged to build a growth mindset through discussions and activities.
Mistakes, Failures, & Challenges. Lesson 3 teaches children to identify and describe how mistakes, failures, and challenges are positive and help them learn new things.
Effort & Perseverance. Lesson 4 teaches children to understand what growth and perseverance are and the power of YET. They will learn different strategies that can help them persevere when things are difficult.
Having a Growth Mindset Everyday!. Lesson 5 teaches children to understand and show determination and confidence in order to stretch their brain, show a growth mindset, and learn difficult, new things.
Activities included in the Growth Mindset unit:
Look at the PREVIEW for a look at this SEL unit up close and the variety of lessons and activities included!
*Discussion Starters cards
*Anchor Chart pieces
*Mantra posters & coloring sheets
*Act out scenarios on task cards
*"I Can" strategy posters
*Tons of literature connections & writing activities
*Grow Your Brain crown
Notes for Teachers:
Teachers are provided with comprehensive lesson plans, lesson layouts, printable materials, instructions, and a layout that is simple and easy to implement. This is a flexible SEL curriculum that can be taught when teachers have time, while the recommendation is to teach a lesson once to twice a week.
The mind+heart loosely aligns with the CASEL framework of the 5 core competencies for SEL, as well as other state SEL initiatives, which are research-based. It provides educators with an affordable option that is comprehensive and appropriate for the K-2 classroom.
Try the SEL program that is needed in ALL classrooms!
Check out the other SEL units for K-2:
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
- Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
- Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
- Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
- Join our Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
© Proud to be Primary