Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
20.4 MB | 57 pages
These activities are progressive, building upon each other. They were designed to include independent and group work. The students really enjoyed these activities, especially the group challenge activities. I hope these activities help your students think more positively to create more positive results!
Included in the activity pack:
Word Posters (3 pages)
Challenges, Perseverance, and Making Mistakes
Perseverance Activities (7 pages)
- 16 perseverance scenarios in which students determine if perseverance or no perseverance is shown.
- Students share examples of when they showed perseverance or when they did not.
- Students share something they cannot do yet but would like to do with perseverance and create steps to be successful.
- Additional activities for perseverance.
Making Mistakes (7 pages)
- Students make guesses about popular food mistakes. There are several short informational paragraphs about them.
- Students create a "masterpiece" from a mistake.
- Eight scenario cards in which students identify mistakes, the feelings involved, and predict what might happen next.
Team Challenges (9 pages)
Three different team challenges include a half sheet of directions and materials. A goal and plan sheet are completed before the project and a reflection sheet for after the project.
Growth Mindset Posters (20 pages)
Included are 10 black and white and 10 colored posters that change common fixed mindset phrases into growth mindset phrases. These posters are perfect for bulletin boards.
Fixed Mindset versus Growth Mindset (4 pages)
Students read 12 statement cards and decide if they are fixed or growth mindset. If they are fixed mindset statements they must change them to growth mindset statements.
Attitude Ladder (3 pages)
One ladder visual and 8 scenario cards. Students read the scenario card and decide where the it falls on the attitude ladder. Students share challenges they have had and their attitudes about them.