Doodle notes, a collaborative anchor chart, and fun ways to learn about Growth Mindset…what could be better? This resource includes everything that your students will need to create a collaborative anchor chart about growth mindset and doodle notes that align directly with the anchor chart. Just imagine your class of students working together to create the doodle-style anchor chart before taking their learning a step further with super fun doodle notes! They’ll not only learn about growth mindset, but they’ll also learn about team work!
This resource is unique because students will be able to actively AND collaboratively MAKE the growth mindset anchor chart. Then, students will be able to take the information from the anchor chart a step further with Growth Mindset Doodle Notes. The doodle notes align completely with the anchor chart, so students will have their learning at their fingertips!
Your students will have a blast creating the collaborative anchor chart, and they’ll make stronger connections to their learning! You’ll save time, and you’ll have a super fun and meaningful anchor chart to display in the classroom!
Click HERE to check out a video about this resource.
DID YOU KNOW?
This resource is included in an Anchor Chart Parts BUNDLE
. You’ll find 4 sets of collaborative anchor charts and tasks for Finding the Main Idea, Sequencing, Summarizing and Growth Mindset. Check it out HERE!
About the Anchor Chart
• This resource is filled with over 30 components to make a doodle-style anchor chart about GROWTH MINDSET.
• Anchor charts help to make leaning visual. Since they highlight the essential parts of a lesson, they work great as an introduction or review of a concept or idea.
• This resource is unique because students will be able to actively AND collaboratively MAKE the anchor chart.
• The anchor chart parts are designed to be displayed on traditional chart paper (25” x 30”), but you can also use smaller paper. You can also skip the chart paper all together and attach the parts onto a bulletin board, whiteboard, or chalkboard.
How’s it work?
• Each student will help to create all the different elements of the anchor chart.
• Students will color, customize, cut out, and add their part to the anchor chart.
• Students can even serve as the “experts” of their parts and teach the class about the concept that they are contributing to the collaborative anchor chart.
• The end result is a visually engaging anchor chart that each student participated in creating.
• Not only does this collaborative anchor chart promote more clarity for students, it also helps students have more ownership of and engagement with the anchor chart.
About the Growth Mindset Doodle Notes
• After students have worked to create the doodle-style collaborative anchor chart, they can show off their learning while completing a coordinating doodle notes page.
• The doodle notes align directly with the anchor chart so that students can reinforce their learning!
• Students will color, doodle, and/or embellish their note page as they learn about growth mindset!
• This resource is extremely versatile! We’ve provided tons of options for making the elements and lessons work in your classroom. There’s filled-in notes, options for adding your own notes, and tons of ideas for customizing the chart! In addition, there are two versions of the doodle notes!
• You can easily teach all elements of this resource in a manner that works best for your students.
• Since this resource is a collaboration between Art with Jenny K
and Brain Waves Instruction it infuses creativity with learning!
This resource includes:
• Detailed Resource Overview
• About the Anchor Chart (for the teacher)
• About Doodle Notes (for the teacher)
• Detailed Anchor Chart Directions and Ideas (3 pages)
• Detailed Lesson Plan
• Anchor Chart Assembly Steps
• Doodle Note Directions
• Anchor Chart Parts (over 30 parts)
• Growth Mindset Doodle Notes (for students) --- 2 versions!
Art with Jenny K
and I love to collaborate!
We’re passionate about infusing rigorous lessons with meaningful art activities! If you love bringing creativity into the classroom, too, then you might want to check out some of our other popular resources:
Anchor Chart Parts – Finding the Main Idea
Listening Comprehension Bundle
48 Differentiated Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Passages & Art!
Pop Art Coloring with Homophones!
Pop Art Coloring and Parts of Speech!
Other Doodle and Do Resources…
ELEMENTS of FICTION Doodle Vocabulary
- Students learn 36 words associated with fiction and doodle along the way!
Doodle and Do Reading Skills Bundle!
- Making Inferences, Finding the Main Idea, Fact & Opinion, Sequencing, and Summarizing
5 Nonfiction Text Structure Mini-Units
- Problem/Solution, Compare and Contrast, Descriptive, Chronological Order, and Cause and Effect
How to Study for a Test
Doodle Notes and 5 Learning Stations
Writing Responses with Text-Based Evidence
Doodle Notes and 5 Learning Stations
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Brain Waves Instruction