What is this?
If you are familiar with the work of Carol Dweck and others, you know that nurturing a “growth mindset” in our students is a critical part of our jobs. Students who believe they can learn, who recognize that hard work pays off, and that minor setbacks lead to more growth actually can rewire their brains! This resource is intended to give you some tools to get these discussions going as you work to help students become more growth-oriented learners. Investing time learning about perseverance and “grit”, goal setting, and helping students become reflective, flexible learners will pay off many times over. What do you get? Read on!
1. Headers and copies of several different activities that can then be displayed on bulletin board to use almost like anchor charts throughout the year.
*Sorting growth mindset vs fixed mindset phrases
*Cards that show “What I can do” as a learner—color version to display, black and white versions to use on anchor charts, and mini versions to use as writing prompts.
*”I used to say” and “Now I say” bulletin board activity which helps students recognize productive self-talk as opposed to the kind of language that results from a fixed mindset.
2. Several goal setting sheets and suggestions for use.
3. Drawing/writing pages for students to reflect on their own experiences.
4. “talking points” cards to help your morning meetings, partner sharing, or even journal writing.
5. Coloring posters for students to decorate with key growth mindset phrases. Hang them all around your classroom and school to celebrate!
I highly encourage you to download the preview to get a closer look at all that you get!
All rights reserved by ©The Teacher Studio. Purchase of this resource entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce the pages in limited quantities for single classroom use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden without written permission from the author at email@example.com. Additional licenses are available at a reduced price.rs for students to decorate with key growth mindset phrases. Hang them all around your classroom and school to celebrate!