This fun craft will get your students excited about having a growth mindset! It is a great companion to growth mindset lessons and a way to integrate writing and critical and creative thinking!
1. There are 4 face choices for boys and girls. Each student chooses a face. Tell the students that in this activity they’re peeking into their brains! Each student draws and colors their face. Encourage them to make their brains colorful to represent excitement, activity, and growth. Afterwards, have students cut out the image. (A page with brain images only is also included for teachers who prefer students to draw their own faces and add the image.)
2. Provide a page with leaves to each student. The leaves represent growth, or a growing brain. On each leaf, students write personal statement on what growth mindset means to them. More ideas include writing ways in which they’ve had a growth mindset, positive talk, etc.
3. Provide a title strip to each student.
4. Have students assemble on construction paper as shown.
5. Writing pages are provided for teachers who’d like to extend the activity by having students write about a personal growth mindset moment, how having a growth mindset has helped them, etc.
This activity makes a wonderful, colorful bulletin board and serves as a reminder for students to keep growing their brains! I hope this activity is fun and meaningful for your students!
Check out another great Growth Mindset resource here:
Growth Mindset Exit Slips
I hope you choose to download this product. If you do and find it helpful, please leave a great rating, follow me, and check out the other products in my store. Thank you!
~For personal and single classroom use only.~