Also included in
- This Growth Mindset Warm-Up BUNDLE for K-3 is right for you if you:want to provide differentiated activities to your studentsteach in a multi-level classroomteach students with special needs during different times in the dayare meeting the needs of students with varying language abilities or student$78.00$94.00Save $16.00
- ALL THREE GROWTH MINDSET BELL RINGER FILES NOW OFFER A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION. THE KINDERGARTEN-1ST GRADE FILE USES SEESAW FOR THE DIGITAL OPTION, WHILE THE OTHER TWO FILES OFFER THE DIGITAL OPTION IN GOOGLE SLIDES! PLEASE REFER TO THE FINAL 8 PAGES OF EACH PRODUCT FILE FOR DIGITAL INSTR$115.00$144.00Save $29.00
This growth mindset activities file now includes a digital distance learning option in SEESAW! Please refer to the final 7 pages of the product for instructions and links!
These growth mindset activities are perfect for teachers who are looking for easy-to-use, daily growth mindset instruction in the form of warm-ups, bell ringers, or station activities.
This bell ringer journal includes 200 activities. It spans across 40 weeks and will give you everything you need to teach your KINDERGARTEN OR 1ST GRADE classroom about all things growth mindset! Please look at the thumbnails and preview to assess the appropriateness for your group of students.
Click HERE to watch a short video that displays a portion of the content in this growth mindset bell ringer journal.
NOTE: This pack of activities may be TOO DIFFICULT for Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year! I advise Kindergarten teachers to wait for a couple of months to begin OR be prepared to do the activities as a group (or provide extra support). Some warm-up activities will be quick, but others will require discussions and extra time to complete.
Please note that there are 40 TOPICS that come with affirmation posters. You will also find over 40 vocabulary cards to support the new growth mindset verbiage your students will learn. I advise teachers to display the vocabulary as it is introduced (on a bulletin board or whiteboard). INSTRUCTION WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH WEEK TO INTRODUCE NEW VOCABULARY AND CONCEPTS. Be prepared to support students each day during the warm-up as well.
The following topics are covered, week by week, in this full-year growth mindset instructional package:
1- I Have a Growth Mindset!
2- I Love My Brain!
3- My Brain is Like a Muscle!
4- The Harder I Work, the Smarter I Get!
5- My Effort is the Most Important!
6- I Can Do Hard Things!
7- I Have Grit!
8- I Know How to Ask for Help!
9- It's Okay for Me to Make Mistakes!
10- I Believe in the Power of Yet!
11- I Listen to Feedback!
12- I am Not Afraid of Tricky Tasks!
13- When I Struggle, I Grow!
14- I Have Many Strengths!
15- I Can Train My Brain!
16- I am Kind to Myself!
17- I Can Create a Productive Work Space!
18- I Can Help Myself Focus!
19- I Control the Choices I Make!
20- I Can Take Risks!
21- I Know How to Set Goals!
22- I Can Always Learn More!
23- My Mistakes Make Me Better!
24- I Don't Have to Be Perfect!
25- I am Happy When Others Do Well!
26- I Don't Stop Until I'm Proud!
27- My Passions are Important!
28- I am Strong in Mind and in Heart!
29- I am Determined!
30- I Get Smarter When I Practice!
31- When I Say I'll Do Something, I DO IT!
32- I Can Help Myself Feel Better!
33- I Know How to Show Myself Love!
34- I Can Think About Things in New Ways
35- I am Aware of the Things In and Around Me!
36- I Can Challenge Myself!
37- I am Always Learning!
38- I am Patient with Myself!
39- I Dare to Dream BIG!
40- I am a Growth Mindset Expert!
*This product also includes 40 posters for a bulletin board that explain each topic above (a black-and-white copy of these posters is also included).
*A pre-assessment and a post-assessment are also included as well as sample answers (teacher notes) for each week.
*You will also find vocabulary cards to support your student's new learning.
This daily growth mindset activity product is for YOU if you struggle to squeeze in growth mindset instruction or just don't know how to go about teaching it. Your students will get instruction in EVERY AREA of growth mindset with the topics covered!
Please take a look at the activities in this product to best determine how and when to utilize them in your class. Some students or groups of students will be able to use them as a warm-up, bell ringer, or independent station activity. Other students or groups of students may need more support.
The scaled questions with emojis that show up on many of the Thursday exercises are designed for students to reflect on how they feel about the given topic. Students can share their thoughts with a partner, small group, or the entire class. There are no incorrect answers for these exercises.
At the very end of this product, you will find an OPTIONAL cover page and Table of Contents that you can use IF YOU CHOOSE TO BIND all the activities together for each student at the beginning of the year (or the beginning of the instruction). REMEMBER THAT FRIDAY ACTIVITIES SHOULD NOT BE INCLUDED IN BOUND JOURNALS because many of them require cutting and pasting.
Looking for Growth Mindset Bell Ringers for 2nd-3rd grade or 4th grade and up?
GROWTH MINDSET COLORING PAGES (with mindfulness activity):
You may also be interested in the following GROWTH MINDSET ACTIVITIES:
GROWTH MINDSET ACTIVITY BUNDLE:
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.