Also included in
- Ultimate Growth Mindset Bundle: Cultivate a growth mindset in your classroom with these engaging, fun, and encouraging growth mindset resources. This growth mindset bundle includes beginning of the year activities, end of the year activities, an escape room, classroom posters, and more!$41.99$62.74Save $20.75
- This is a bundled resource containing my digital and traditional growth mindset escape room activities.***DIGITALEngage your students in a growth mindset conversation with a digital escape room activity! This escape room will help your students see the benefits of perseverance, commitment, and achie$9.00$11.49Save $2.49
Engage students in hands-on growth mindset activities and challenges with this fun and exciting escape room activity! This activity will help you facilitate conversations about perseverance, commitment, and achievement!
This download includes teacher directions, student directions, and all of the printable resources necessary to hold an escape activity in your classroom.
BEFORE THE ESCAPE
Prep your students and get to know where their minds are at with a growth mindset student survey and quick write activity. These two introductory activities will set the stage for a successful breakout activity!
DURING THE ESCAPE
Students will complete four different growth mindset tasks that rely on reading comprehension, decoding, matching, sorting, and unlocking a hidden message. Throughout these four tasks, students will learn about growth and fixed mindsets and famous failures.
AFTER THE ESCAPE
Conclude the escape activity with a quick write reflection and a mind map activity that includes a gallery walk. These post activities will help reinforce the content of the growth mindset breakout activity.
This Growth Mindset Escape Room Activity Includes the Following:
- Teacher instructions
- Growth mindset activities to use before the escape room challenge
- An engaging, 4-task escape room
- Reflection activities for after the escape room
Your students will love working with their peers to solve tasks and challenges as they compete against other teams in the classroom. They'll be fully engaged in the activity and working together as they learn about what it means to have a growth mindset.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Shelby R. says, "My students get hyper-competitive with each other with escape rooms and this one was no different! It was challenging for my 6th graders, but still super engaging, and my students did well working through the puzzles together. The topic of growth mindset gave us a lot to talk about."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Ashley B. says, "I am a student teacher and I used this to teach and remind my students of Growth Mindset. They were all extremely engaged throughout the entire activity. I did incorporate ELD strategies (highlighting and designating certain parts of the reading passages) to have all students be a part of the understanding the content and how to apply their knowledge to "escaping" the room! I will definitely be using this for my future students!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Veronica E. says, "My students absolutely loved completing this escape room in small groups. They were extremely engaged the entire time and worked together to complete the escape room. Difficulty level was adequate enough. Students had to really brainstorm in order to solve the challenges."
You may also like…
* Make sure you click the "follow" button next to my picture so you don’t miss out on sales and new resources
* Please provide feedback on this resource. Doing so will help you earn TPT credits that you can apply toward future purchases! It’s like FREE TPT cash!
© The Daring English Teacher, Inc.
All rights reserved. License good for single-classroom use only.