Growth Mindset Journal
Growth Mindset has become an integral component to perseverance within classrooms everywhere. Growth mindset is a journey! We will not always have growth mindsets at all times and in all areas. This Growth Mindset journal allows you to teach students using a four step method to continue students on the path to truly understanding growth mindset.
1. Understand our Brain
2. Growth Vs. Fixed Mindset
4. Goal Setting
Students will learn about their powerful brain, the similarities and differences between growth and fixed mindset, how to engage in positive self-talk and finally setting mindset goals to maximize achievement. Let this journal be your guide to educating your students on the importance of growth mindset. Most important, provided is a pre and post growth mindset assessment, retrieving a baseline on student’s mindset understandings is paramount to seeing future progress.
1. Instructions to setting up and using this journal (chapter tabs)
2. Pre and Post Growth Mindset Assessment
3. ‘Let’s Learn About the Brain’ chapter including, readings, responses, graphic organizers, and brain vocabulary
4. ‘Growth Vs Fixed Mindset’ chapter including, definitions, response sheets, and mindset self-assessments
5. ‘Self-talk’ Chapter including, mistake mantra, definitions, Journal pages with and without prompts and response sheets
6. ‘Goal-Setting’ chapter with multiple goal setting options and final reflection sheets
This journal can be used in a variety of ways! As a second grade teacher, I suited this journal to K-5, but could work in a variety of grades. The colorful images, readings, definitions, response sheets, and assessment will have your students working on growth mindset daily, weekly or monthly! Add this to your morning routine or closing circle…Growth Mindset is worth teaching and spending time on. Enjoy!
Thank you for your purchase!
Please visit my store for more products;
Lots with Dotz
If you like this resource, you may also enjoy:
Back to School Labels
Classroom Library Labels