Are you looking to implement Growth Mindset in your classroom? Do you want to promote: INDEPENDENCE, PERSEVERANCE, STUDENT GOAL SETTING and GRIT? Then, look no further!!!
THIS BUNDLE INCLUDES:
1. Step-by-step instructions for implementation of thisresource in your classroom.
2. A Growth Mindset Journal: Journal Includes - A cover, informational resources and checklist for the introduction of this tool & a blank problem solving template)
3. One student problem solving template that guides students through the process of goal setting and brainstorming strategies to solve their problem! (I provide only one of these pages in the bundle, as you can make copies depending on how many you would like to have in your student Growth Mindset Journals! Combine these three resources and you will have a fabulous tool for students to use when faced with a challenge!!
3. Photos of how I implemented this product in my classroom
4. Photo of a student work sample.
5. Motivational Reward for student use of journals! (Reward students for independently using their journals with "Problem Solver Tallies"! In this bundle, you will find Tally Sheets that help you and your students track their ability to persevere and problem solve!
6. Ideas and tools needed for introductory lesson.
I have witnessed so many students giving up when faced with a challenging task. My goal this year was to teach students strategies help them become independent problem solvers. As a result, I realized that students need explicit instruction and a better understanding about goal setting. This journal emphasizes that goal setting should be happening in ALL subjects throughout the ENTIRE school day. As a result, I create this journal to promote independent problem solving when students feel "stuck".
This journal prompts students to:
1. Identify their problem.
2. Say a positive self-talk affirmation. (From our Growth Mindset Bulletin Board - Picture Included)
3. Make a plan. (List strategies to try!)
4. Reflect on which strategies worked. This encourages students to think about if and what they have learned!
These journals have been EXTREMELY successful in my classroom! I cannot emphasize how much independence these journals have created in all subject areas.
These journals can be used to help students problem solve in all areas. I have witnessed students pulling out these journals when feeling "stuck" during:
*SMALL GROUP WORK/COOPERATING IN GROUPS
If you want to decrease the number of times students run to you for questions before stopping and thinking on their own, then this journal will do the trick! My students LOVE this new addition to our classroom and enjoy being problem solvers! I have witnessed students becoming confident in areas they were once anxious about!
This product emphasizes that mistakes help us learn. It also normalizes mistake making, as students get a chance to see their peers pulling out their journals at all times throughout the day!
Fonts by @Miss5th
*Files are not to be distributed to others.