Growth Mindset Lesson: Fun, Interactive School Counseling Quiz Show style Game!
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- These low-prep, interactive quiz-show lessons help students learn about coping skills, mindfulness, growth mindset, gratitude, and each other, and also help students to form relationships which each other. And for those of you cultivating a trauma-sensitive classroom, these are great activities thaPrice $10.50Original Price $15.00Save $4.50
- Liven up your social emotional learning curriculum with these FUN, low-prep & interactive SEL game lessons perfect for your elementary classroom or school counseling program. From character education, social skills, career exploration, growth mindset, mindfulness, coping skills, and book companPrice $79.50Original Price $159.00Save $79.50
- Save 30% when you purchase this fun Growth Mindset Bundle! What's Included:✔ Growth Mindset Classroom Quiz-Show style Lesson and/or Group Game✔ The Growth Mindset Card Game✔ Growth Mindset Fortune Teller Craft (with accompanying lesson)✔ Growth Mindset Poster Why Teach About Growth Mindset?ResearchPrice $9.00Original Price $13.00Save $4.00
- Save tons of planning time and get your students excited about social emotional learning with WholeHearted's Storewide Growing Bundle! Grab over 140 effective and fun counseling and SEL activities and lessons at 50% off. And help your students to build healthy social emotional skills, such as selfPrice $279.00Original Price $548.00Save $269.00
The Growth Mindset Game Show will teach your students about girt and the difference between a fixed and growth mindset. Now includes both Google Slides™ and Power Point Presentation files, which allows you to use for SEL distance learning, teletherapy, virtual counseling groups, school counseling guidance and in person lessons.
Ways to Use
☀️ This FUN, interactive guidance lesson & game can be used as a stand-alone classroom guidance lesson about Growth Mindset and/or supplement to your social emotional learning lessons.
☀️ Great for your small groups, too!
☀️ Distance Learning ready
What's Super Sweet About this Growth Mindset Lesson?
❤️ The Game Show format is hands-on and experiential, with many of the challenges inviting students to role play.
❤️ This cooperative classroom game encourages reflective thinking, and is designed for students to show off and build on their smarts in different ways.
❤️ Plus, the questions and challenges are 100% customizable so if you like, you can edit them to better fit your specific needs.
❤️ It's low-prep, perfect for all you busy counselors and teachers!
❤️ Counseling Lesson Plan is also included!
The Game Show Categories Include:
ACT IT OUT: teams act out / role play the challenge prompt.
TRUE or FALSE: teams decide whether the statement is true or false.
SKETCH IT: teams quickly draw their answers.
IMAGINE IF: teams answer "Imagine If" questions, using their imagination & problem solving skills.
RISK: teams take a "risk" because the type of question and/or challenge is not revealed until chosen.
What's needed to play the Game Show?
✔ It is best used with a Promethean White Board or projector that that can be hooked up to your computer; it's formatted as a power point presentation and now google slides™, too!
✔If using for distance learning, all players need internet access.
✔ Want to go screen-free? No problem! This Game Show also comes with printable task cards with the same prompts as the Game Show challenges.
Provides lots of flexibility....
Given that the GAME SHOW takes 40-60 minutes to play, and sometimes we just don't have that much time....or that the GAME SHOW works best projected on a large screen, and sometimes the technology breaks down....or that there are days when we walk into the classroom and just know that a whole classroom game is not going to fly that day....and sometimes students need more quiet, reflective activities......I have included more than 6 additional formats that do not require the use of the power point presentation or google slides™. (Note: the additional activities do involve some printing prep-work.)
ASCA MINDSETS & BEHAVIORS covered:
* M 1. Belief in development of whole self, including a healthy balance of mental, social/emotional and physical well - being
* M 3. Sense of belonging in the school environment
* M 6. Positive attitude toward work and learning
* B-LS 2. Demonstrate creativity
* B-SS 2. Create positive and supportive relationships with other students
* B-SS 6. Use effective collaboration and cooperation skills