Growth Mindset Portfolio for Teens: Interactive Notebook & Informative Guide
This interactive portfolio for middle and high school students is filled with a variety of different lessons to inform and encourage students to understand the importance of growth mindset vs fixed mindset. With more than 70 pages, this portfolio is sure to provide you and your students with the necessary lessons and activities to master the idea behind growth mindset.
**As of June 22, 2020 there is a DIGITAL version of the Growth Mindset Portfolio included. It is compatible with Google Slides + Google Classroom for distance learning!
The portfolio is broken into six (6) specific categories including:
-Introduction to the brain and mindset (fixed vs growth mindset)
-Failure, effort, and success
-The keys to motivation
-Critical thinking & leadership
-Assessment & reflection CAPSTONE project
Within these categories are a variety of informative and interactive activities in relation to growth mindset including:
- What is MINDSET guided notes
- Determining MINDSET pre-assessment
- Fixed VS Growth Mindset interactive
- The brain & mindset worksheet
- Left VS right brain activity
- The brain & mindset interactive
- Famous failures activity
- Learning from failure interactive
- Pessimism vs Optimism interactive
- Understanding motivation guided notes
- Understanding perseverance guided notes
- Perseverance task cards
- Motivation task cards
- What is the attribution theory?
- Building confidence whole-class activity
- Building confidence reflection piece
- The importance of identity
- Developing personal identity focus lesson with charts
- Identity statement activity
- Skills for critical thinking
- Café conversation task cards
- Skills for leadership
- Leadership mission statement whole-class activity
- Grading rubrics
- Growth mindset capstone with 4 key components: physical representation, research essay, personal reflection, and presentation (all with guidelines and rubrics).
This portfolio would take between 2-3 weeks to complete from start to finish, depending on how much time you give students in class to work on the interactive notebook, lessons, and activities.
THE ANSWER KEY IS PROVIDED.
If you like this product, you may also like:
Connect with Me
Find me on Snapchat: Superheroteach
If you like this product, please leave feedback!