Growth Mindset PowerPoint and Activities with 5 days of lessons: Print & Digital
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
After learning about five main components of having a growth mindset (including positive self-talk, dealing with mistakes, and handling feedback), students will apply what they've learned when challenging incidents occur in their own lives.
This growth mindset bundle features a PowerPoint, five days of lesson plans, and worksheets. The 85-slide PowerPoint is designed to introduce your students to 5 major components of growth mindset beliefs. To start, students are introduced to the differences between a growth mindset and a fixed mindset. Students also learn how repeated practice helps strengthen the brain and the power of positive self-talk. Finally, students learn how to best deal with mistakes and perceived failures, and they learn how to reframe their thinking so that criticism is viewed as helpful feedback. Students are introduced to each of these topics via the PowerPoint, and then they have an opportunity to practice what they have learned by using the follow-up worksheets. This is a great way in which to start your school year!
The 5 days of lessons are split like this:
Day 1: Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset… An Introduction
- Show slides 1-16 of the PowerPoint while completing the companion handout (page 2 of the handout document).
- Have students complete the worksheet that accompanies this section (page 3 of the handout document).
Day 2: Growing Your Brain
- Show slides 17-31 of the PowerPoint while completing the companion handout (page 6 of the handout document.)
- Have students complete the worksheet that accompanies this section (page 7 of the handout document).
Day 3: Positive Self-Talk
- Show slides 32-44 of the PowerPoint while completing the companion handout (page 10 of the handout document).
- Have students complete the worksheet that accompanies this section (page 11 of the handout document).
Day 4: Dealing with Mistakes and Failures
- Show slides 45-61 of the PowerPoint while completing the companion handout (page 14 of the handout document).
- Have students complete the worksheet that accompanies this section (page 15 of the handout document).
Day 5: Criticism vs. Feedback
- Show slides 62 through the end of the PowerPoint while completing the companion handout (page 18 of the handout document).
- Have students complete the worksheet that accompanies this section (page 19 of the handout document).
You DO have my permission to convert this PowerPoint to a Google Slides format to share with your students.
********The companion handout and worksheet resources are available in TWO FORMATS:
1. TRADITIONAL PRINTABLES- Print the PDF and distribute paper copies to your students to complete.
2. GOOGLE SLIDES- This paperless version uses text boxes so that your students can complete it on a device. You can assign it to your students via Google Drive, and they can return it to you to review.
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW!!
Here's what teachers like you have to say about this PowerPoint:
- Sheila V. said, "I have used this resource to introduce growth mindset to my 3rd graders for the past two years. It is amazing! My kids reference these lessons throughout the ENTIRE YEAR! Honestly, it is so, so good! I highly recommend it!"
- Matilda F. said, "This is the best purchase I've made on TPT. The slides were fantastic along with the handouts. It is organized in such a user-friendly way. Students in varying ages all enjoyed this very much and also learned a lot."
- Michelle M. said, "This was the perfect second week of school activity to do during my morning meetings. It sets a great precedent for the rest of the school year."
- Veronica W. said, "What a great resource to use for introducing the growth mindset concept to your students! A PowerPoint, handouts to keep students engaged and detailed lesson plans to guide you through each step. It's all right here! Super amazing!!!"
Feel free to check out my related Growth Mindset Partner Plays!
Copyright by Deb Hanson
Please note: The PowerPoint cannot be edited due to the copyright requirements made by the contributing artists (clip art, font, background).
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!