Motivate your students this year!!! This resource bundle includes all the necessary tools for instilling growth mindset within your students, as well tools for helping your students track and celebrate their growth in both reading & math. You receive 20% OFF
the cover price of both these resources when purchasing this BUNDLE. Please see the resource description below, and click on the preview or the following links to see a visual of what is included.
GROWTH MINDSET KIT
GOAL SETTING & DATA TRACKING BINDER
I’m so excited to share this with you! This toolkit includes all the necessary resources for helping students change their paradigm of thinking when it comes to realizing their potential and exercising the tools and strategies for overcoming obstacles and reaching their goals. This particular growth mindset resource includes activities to go with the read aloud, The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds, along with other tools for teaching students what growth mindset is and how it helps them.
GROWTH MINDSET DOT RESOURSE, and MORE:
The ‘Book Companion’ activities:
✔ Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset Sort
a concept sort
✔ Vashti Overcomes:
a character analysis of how Vashti changes her mindset
✔ Cause & Effect Activity:
analyzing how Vashti’s traits, feelings, and motives influence events in the story
✔ The Central Message Questioning:
analyzing Vashti’s experience and how it sends a message to the reader
✔ Discussion Questions:
getting students to infer, determine importance, understand cause & effect and compare & contrast, and make predictions
✔ Art Activity:
student create their own dot masterpieces
✔ Dot Dude Puzzle Challenge:
an activity to test students’ growth mindset by challenging them with a task that will take perseverance
This resource also includes:
✔ Growth Mindset Posters
(acrostic style) that provide good habits / strategies for exercising a growth mindset
✔ Double-sided Flipbook:
Each part of the flipbook offers activities on...
• how the brain grows
• what growth mindset is (analyzing inspirational quotes activity)
• the difference between growth and fixed mindset (a sorting activity)
• how to train the brain for growth mindset (application activities for changing thoughts from fixed to growth mindset)
• reflections to help identify challenges, realize potential, as well as determine strategies for overcoming challenges this year
• an activity for identifying achievements (a celebratory element for accomplishments)
✔ A Pennant
activity that culminates into a Growth Mindset classroom display to inspire the class
(includes a Growth Mindset word bank to assist)
STUDENT DATA BINDER TOOLS:
Start the year out right with this resource which includes all the necessary tools for students to set goals and monitor their progress throughout the year. It also includes achievement cards students love to collect as meet goals and demonstrate growth in reading and math. These cards are the size of trading cards and are designed to fit perfectly into plastic trading card pockets for display in their data binders. Please see preview for a visual or go to my blog post for ideas on using Student Data Binders
where I share setting reading goals.
This resource includes:
* data binder covers (2017-2018 / 2018-2019)
* A super student profile
* A Reading and Math Reflection
* A reading goal setting chart for accuracy, fluency, comprehension and good reading habits
* A reading conference form for individual reading conferences (added 11/9/16)
* A math goal setting chart for fluency, problem solving, representing & communicating, and accuracy
* Student data graphs for tracking reading & math assessment progress and fluency
* An editable
data tracking graph (added 11/9/16)
* Student achievement cards (designed to be kept in clear plastic trading card pockets) ~ Students don’t trade these cards, but
are motivated by adding their achievements to their collection!
These cards include:
Reading- Distinguished / Advanced Achievement
Reading Growth (3 Designs)
Accelerated Reader Achiever (4 Designs)
Math- Distinguished / Advanced Achievement
Math Growth (3 Designs)
Accelerated Math Achiever (4 Designs)
Math Fact Fluency
Extended Response: Short Answer- "Woo-Hoo, I Got a 2!"
Open Response- "Look at Me, I Got a 3!
"Check Out My Score, I Got a 4!"
NOTE: I am happy to take requests for cards if you find a need to add to this collection. Just go to my store and make a request
under my “ask a question” tab.