These writing prompts were designed using the Ontario Grade 3 Science curriculum (Understanding Life Systems: Growth and Changes in Plants) - with ideas and words straight from the text.
Great to leave with a guest teacher or as a follow-up to investigations or read-alouds!
This document includes 27 pages of activities on plain lines with dotted sentence starters and 27 pages of plain lines with a guiding question but no sentence starter - plus a page of blank lines to photocopy on the back side for additional writing space!
Looking for a year-long inquiry? Check out my Tree Inquiry and Observation Kit
. Follow a tree and document its changes along with the rise and fall of temperature throughout the year!
It's great for differentiation
It also includes 2 pages of word wall words (8 words each) to help your students build independence when writing.
Remember to give feedback to earn TPT points!
Grade 2 Writing Prompts:
1. Properties of Liquids and Solids
3. Growth and Changes in Animals
4. Air and Water in the Environment
5. Changing Family and Community Traditions
Grade 1 Writing Prompts:
1. Our Changing Roles and Responsibilities
2. The Local Community
3. Energy in Our Lives
4. Materials, Objects, and Everyday Structures
5. Needs and Characteristics of Living Things
6. Daily and Seasonal Changes