The Growth of the Corporation as a Form of Business PowerPoint showcases oil, railroads and steel. It follows the NYS 8th grade social studies curriculum and standards. It differentiate instruction by having two different ability levels; basic and enriched. The enriched version has more links and the basic version simplifies language. This is great to use when parallel co-teaching but if you are not lucky enough to have a co-teacher, you can choose the version that will be most helpful to your students in each class. The same content is used in both versions.
The following is on the vocabulary slide:
4. Horizontal Integration
5. Vertical Integration
The essential questions are found at the beginning of the PowerPoint as well as at the end. The following are the essential questions:
1. What are the forms of business organization?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of owning a corporation?
3. What business did Cornelius Vanderbilt own and how was it corrupt?
4. What business did Rockefeller own and how was it corrupt?
5. What business did Andrew Carnegie own and how was it corrupt?
6. How did Andrew Carnegie become a philanthropist?
The headings are as follows:
1. Forms of Business Organization
2. Many Firms Maintained Traditional Ways of Doing Business
3. Advantages and Disadvantages of a Corporation
This PowerPoint was last revised on 10/4/2013.
There is a differentiated instruction lesson plan that can go with this but it is sold separately as a bundle that includes this PowerPoint. It includes:
1. Lesson Plan
2. 3 Ability Levels of Vocabulary Sheets
3. Enriched Note Sheets for both PowerPoints
4. Basic Note Sheets for Enriched PowerPoint
5. Basic Note Sheets for Basic PowerPoint
6. Political Cartoon Activity Key
7. Political Cartoon Activity
8. Maze Activity with Rubric about Horizontal and Vertical Integration
9. Homework Paragraph Writing with Grading Checklist
Follow this link to check out the whole package:
Please consider following me so that you know when I run a sale and post new items. Thank you in advance for rating me. Your opinion means a lot to other teachers who view my products and want to know the quality of my work.
Growth of the Corporation as a Form of Business Oil, Railroads, Steel PowerPoint
by Kasha Mastrodomenico
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction.com
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction