Products in this Bundle (2)
This is a book study and activities bundle for Suzanne and Max Lang's "Grumpy Monkey", including a reading comprehension quiz, First-Next-Last quiz, writing prompts, book report, and bookmarks in different ways to reward children for reading. The activities include a crossword puzzle and word searches. A word bank for the crossword puzzle is also included on a separate page. The answers for the crossword puzzle are in the word searches, as well as a few other words of the theme so they can be used in combination or separately. This resource is differentiated in several ways and is a great companion to the book.
Why buy this resource?
This resource includes a reading comprehension quiz, First-Next-Last, writing prompts, book report, and bookmarks in different ways to reward children for reading. The activities are a crossword puzzle and word searches (both easy and hard).
This resource is also differentiated in the following ways:
- The writing prompts and book report are presented both lined and writing practice lines
- The crossword puzzle word bank is on a separate page, so you may choose to share it or not with your students, or share it after the students have spent some time with the puzzle
- There are two word searches, with one having only forward horizontal and vertical words (no backwards or diagonal words)
What's in this resource?
- Multiple-choice reading comprehension quiz, with answer key (2 pages total)
- First, Next, Last to put five events from the story in order, with answer key (2 pages total)
- Book report, regular lines and practice writing lines, with teacher notes (3 pages total)
- Writing prompts - 3 writing prompts, regular lines and practice writing lines (6 pages total)
- Bookmarks (not-editable) - I READ "Grumpy Monkey", 5-to-a-page (1 page total)
- Bookmarks (not-editable) - I AM READING: fill in the blank, 5-to-a-page (1 page total)
- Bookmarks (not-editable) - blank to write on and use as you like, 5-to-a-page (1 page total)
- Crossword puzzle and word bank, with answer key (3 pages total)
- Word Searches, with answer keys (4 pages total)
What else might you be interested in?
We also have several other crossword/word search activities for younger elementary readers you might be interested in:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TpT resources. We love that feedback!
Also, follow us to always know when our latest resources are uploaded. And please contact us with any questions. And finally, don't forget - !