Adjectives, descriptions and details oh my! This packet will help students identify and use adjectives as well as expand sentences both verbally and in writing.
1. "Describe with the 'WH' Strategy" Graphic Organizers
2. "Describe with 5-Sense Strategy" Graphic Organizer
3. "Clue It" An interactive activity where students guess what's on their partners' picture cards by asking questions and collecting "clues" 40 cards that are adorably illustrated and shaped as magnifying glasses. The activity also includes a "detective pad" with a list of questions students may ask.
4. Adjective Search: Worksheet consisting of 11 sentences. Students underline the adjectives.
4.writing prompt and graphic organizer "the clues are" and "the conclusion is".
5.Interactive question mark flaps (red or black and white)
6."Let's Describe" Adjective Chart lists adjectives according to the five senses. It is a helpful tool for those students who struggle to retrieve words independently.
7."Describer's Checklist" a helpful list for students to use when they are writing or when engaging in an interactive barrier game.
8. Display Sign "Guess What? We Understand and Use Descriptive Language" (8x10 US paper). This sign is adorably illustrated and is intended to enhance your bulletin board display.
9.Informative sign describing this activity and the goals it intended to achieve. Also designed to enhance a bulletin board.
Note: This product is also available as part of a money-saving package Guess Who?, Guess What?, Guess Where?, A Descriptive Language Bundle
The word "describe" is part of our interactiveWords to Explore Academic Vocabulary Poster
, a display that is surly a great addition to any classroom. It's interactive components (movable word stars) help facilitate discussion about academic vocabulary.
If you find this product useful, this item may come in handy too:
Let's Describe Strategy Ring
You may also like:
Compare Contrast Skill Building Pack