Also included in
- Formerly "Guess Who? Guess What? Guess Where?"These materials will help students learn to describe an object, a person, or a place with a variety of differentiated activities. Also includes templates for creating 4 different interactive bulletin boards. Find out about new products and sales by folloPrice $8.00Original Price $14.70Save $6.70
Teach strategies to identify a setting in text and describe a setting in writing. This printable features a variety of differentiated activities and everything you need to create an interactive bulletin board.
1. "Where Am I?" a Reading Comprehension Exercise: 5 passages each describing a different setting. The passages encourage students to use details from text to make inferences about a setting. The settings described are a garden, a supermarket, a circus, the dentist's office, and a swimming pool. Introducing these passages as a “guessing game” is a great way begin a lesson. The worksheets also include an opportunity to write their own passage.
2. "All About Setting Graphic Organizer" teaches use of the 5-sense strategy to help students add details to their writing.
3. "Guess Where?" An Exercise in Descriptive Writing. Motivate students to incorporate details when they write to describe a "mystery setting".
4. "Guess Where? Banner (2 8x11 sheets). Use to enhance your bulletin board.
5. "Where Am ?" Mini Poster (8x11) use for smaller bulletin boards.
6. Activity Description - use to enhance your bulletin board.
7. Question Mark "Flaps" attach to writing activity to create an interactive experience.
8. five-senses chart - A table that will help students list the "text clues" based on the five senses. It may also help students organize their thoughts before writing their own passage.
9. A simplified version of the five-sense graphic organizer that will support differentiation
Earn TPT credits towards your next purchase
Go to your My Purchases page and click on the Provide Feedback button. Click it and rate the product you purchased. You can also leave a short comment. Once you've left feedback, you've earned your points.
Find out about new products and sales by following your favorite stores.
Look for the green star at the top of the page, next to the store name. Click it and become a follower. Note: you will be able to adjust the email settings and select what information you wish to receive.