- This Dictionary Skills Bundle contains a variety of content-related, seasonal, and holiday themed ABC Order and Guide Words activities.I've created this bundle so that teachers can purchase all Hedgehog Reader Dictionary Skills resources at a lower bundle price. I will eventually add more content-a$23.00$29.00Save $6.00
- Product Description
These print & use Autumn Harvest theme ABC Order and Guide Word activities are an effective and engaging way to introduce, review, and practice important dictionary skills.
These activities are most appropriate for 3rd graders, but they can provide standards-based practice for many 2nd graders and 4th graders. Varied activity levels allow you to differentiate and provide valuable practice for all of your learners.
The included instructional notes and activities are aligned with Common Core ELA-Language Standards, although they provide meaningful instruction and practice for classrooms that follow other standards as well. These would be perfect for independent work in your literacy center, or for your sub tub.
You will find the following included, all with an Autumn Harvest theme design:
- Relevant Common Core Standards and introduction
- Teacher Notes as well as instructions for all resources
- "We Can" Learning Target posters
- Teaching Slides covering how to determine ABC Order, why we need to understand and do ABC Order, parts of a dictionary page, and how to use guide words
- 3 ABC Order printable worksheets, each with Answer Key
- 3 Guide Words printable worksheets, each with Answer Key
- 1 Sorting Cards literacy center (2 versions) with student recording sheet and Answer Key
Wherever possible, I’ve provided materials both in color and in black & white.
This packet would be perfect for independent work in your literacy center, or as an all-inclusive mini unit for your sub tub.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via the Q&A tab or to my email address email@example.com.
Thank you very much for your interest!
Original Resources © Pamela J. Wendt of Hedgehog Reader