Do you feel lost planning first grade math each week? Do you feel like you have some good pieces or parts of your math instruction, but you can't seem to fit them all in or make them all work together? Guided math workshop is for you!
WHY GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?
Many teachers and districts are wanting more problem solving in the primary classrooms. But they also understand the gaps in math instruction when math story problems are 100% of the instruction. Guided Math is a balanced curriculum that addresses both of these needs.
WHAT IS GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?
Guided math workshop is a comprehensive curriculum I've developed for first grade to balance math instruction. It incorporates all of the Cognitively Guided Math principles I've used in 1st grade for years, plus many of the hands on games and skill activities that I've also found beneficial for primary students and that problem solving heavy curriculums lack.
Find more detailed information on the whats and whys plus the weekly schedule and routine in the preview! I have also included a list of materials and manipulatives needed with links in the preview download!
Want to try this curriculum for FREE first? includes the first 10 days of lesson plans for Guided Math Workshop, plus a few printables to get you started. It will give you an idea of what this curriculum is like before purchasing the entire curriculum.
The Guided Math Workshop Lesson plans resource is part of this bundle and includes the lesson plans, narrative how-tos, some exclusive paper and digital resources and more.
This comprehensive Guided Math Workshop Bundle includes the lesson plans PLUS all of the resources currently in my store that are used and linked directly in the lesson plans. It is a one stop shop for your math curriculum in first grade!
PLANS, PACING AND HOW TO'S INCLUDED WITH PLANS FILE:
• Year at a glance overview with the big idea for each of the 36 weeks (included in the preview!)
• The first 10 days (2 weeks) lesson plans to launch guided math workshop
• Weekly lesson plans for weeks 3-36 (each week is on one page)
• Number Choice progressions chart for addition and subtraction (an explanation of how to choose the right numbers to build base 10 understanding)
• Explanation of problem types
• Problem Solving Strategy Progression Charts for Addition, Subtraction, Comparing, Multiplication and Division
• Detailed narrative of the routines for Meet With Me time for each level of groups
• TONS of narrative explanations walking you through getting started, assessing and forming small groups, creating and editing the rotation boards, what materials you may also want to use, and much more!
• A list of trade books and manipulatives/resources used in the curriculum with links
BONUS MATERIAL CONTENTS INCLUDED WITH PLANS FILE:
Materials that ARE found separately in my store are included in the plans, but are linked in the plans and included in the bundle. Materials that are NOT found separately in my store included with the plans. Some are printables and some are digital resources...
• Numbers Around Me writing page
• Sets writing page
• One More/One Less game sheet (3 versions)
• On and Off game sheet (3 versions)
• Roll it! Build it! Break it! game sheet (2 versions)
• Measuring Mystery (2 - height and length)
• Guess My Shape Rule game sheet
• How Many to 10 Cards
• How Many to 20 Cards
• Find the Ten game sheet (2 versions)
• Counters in a Cup game sheet
• 3D Shape Cards
• Blocks in Socks game sheet
• Ways to Make a number printable & example
• Race to 100 game sheet
• Race to 0 game sheet
• Measure Me activity sheet
• Ways to Say Half Hour anchor chart
• Efficient Strategies anchor chart
• Roll and Record game sheet (tallies, vertical bar, horizontal bar)
• Fact Families Card game sheet
• Add It Up By Tens card game sheet
• 2D Shape pictures activity sheet (6 versions)
• Tangrams activity page
• Fill a Shape 2 Ways activity shape (8 versions)
• Build a Graph materials and recording sheet
DIGITAL MATERIAL CONTENTS INCLUDED IN PLANS FILE:
Some weekly plans include digital slideshows (pdf files) or interactive powerpoint files. Both can be used on your interactive whiteboard.
• Rotation Board pdf files (2 different layout options)...show on your interactive board or print poster size
• Digital EDITABLE Rotation Board Slide Show: This is a timed slideshow. Just click to start and every 15 minutes, it will play chimes to cue students to move automatically and show the next rotation. Plus, you can edit almost everything on this powerpoint file. (Watch the video preview to see this in action!)
• How We Go Home interactive powerpoint graph
• Numbers Around Me pdf slideshow
• 3D Faces Math Talk pdf slideshow
• Finding Bingo digital book (pdf file)
• Add Fluently EDITABLE powerpoint (timed math facts)
• Subtract Fluently EDITABLE powerpoint (timed math facts)
• Clock Math Talk pdf slideshow
• Composing Tens and Ones pdf slideshow
• Shape Pictures interactive powerpoint
• Cupcake Crisis pdf slideshow
• Decomposing Pattern Blocks interactive powerpoint
• Story Problem Equations (review) pdf slideshow
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE LESSON PLANS?
• Material lists
• Before lesson prep notes
• Mini-lessons or warm-ups
• Story problem launching scripts
• Story problem share time guiding questions
• Whole group lessons
• Anchor chart ideas and plans
• Standards list (SMPs and Common Core Tags)
• Math Talks with guiding questions
• Hands-on activity plans and material lists
• Counting Collections plans and focuses
• M.A.T.H (Meet with me, At my seat, Tech, Hands on) plans for each week
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THESE LESSON PLANS?
The vast majority of this curriculum is complete. However, some anchor charts and lesson plans are incomplete. By purchasing this growing bundle now, you will get the remainder of the lesson plans, charts, and any additional resources for FREE!
In addition, there are some resources that are included in this bundle, like formal math assessments, that will be updated to align more closely with this curriculum as the curriculum is written. Please be patient with me as I work diligently to align all of the pieces of this curriculum. And look for it to be completely finished by May 2019, if not much sooner!
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2019, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!