Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Do you feel lost planning math each week? Do you feel like you have some good pieces or parts of your math instruction, but you can't seem to fit them all in or make them all work together? Guided math workshop is for you!
WHY GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?
Many teachers and districts are wanting more problem solving in the primary classrooms. But they also understand the gaps in math instruction when math story problems are 100% of the instruction.
WHAT IS GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?
Guided math workshop is a comprehensive curriculum I've developed for first grade to balance math instruction. It incorporates all of the Cognitively Guided Math principles I've used in 1st grade for years, plus many of the hands on games and skill activities that I've also found beneficial for primary students and that problem solving heavy curriculums lack.
Find more detailed information on the whats and whys plus the weekly schedule and routine in the preview! I have also included a list of materials and manipulatives needed with links in the preview download!
Want to try this curriculum for FREE first? The FREEBIE includes the first 10 days of lesson plans for Guided Math Workshop, plus a few printables to get you started. It will give you an idea of what this curriculum is like before purchasing the entire curriculum.
The Guided Math Workshop Lesson plans is part of this bundle as a growing resource meaning that I will be adding weekly lesson plans and materials as they are completed. It will be complete by May 2019.
This comprehensive Guided Math Workshop Bundle includes all of the resources currently in my store that are used and mentioned in the lesson plans. It is a one stop shop for your math curriculum in first grade!
JUST A FEW OF THE THINGS INCLUDED IN THIS *HUGE* RESOURCE:
• Year at a glance overview with the big idea for each of the 36 weeks.
• The first 10 days (2 weeks) lesson plans to launch guided math workshop
• Weekly lesson plans for weeks 3-36 (each week is on one page)
• Rotation Board pdf files (2 different layout options)...show on your interactive board or print poster size
• Digital EDITABLE Rotation Board Slide Show: This is a timed slideshow. Just click to start and every 15 minutes, it will play chimes to cue students to move automatically and show the next rotation. Plus, you can edit almost everything on this powerpoint file. (Watch the video preview to see this in action!)
• Explanation of problem types
• Problem Solving Strategy Progression Charts for Addition, Subtraction, Comparing, Multiplication, and Division
• Detailed narrative of the routines for Meet With Me time for each level of groups
• A few bonus materials (like some game sheets or writing prompts) are included that cannot be found in another resource in my store.
• TONS of narrative explanations walking you through getting started, assessing and forming small groups, creating and editing the rotation boards, what materials you may also want to use, and much more!
• A list of trade books and manipulatives used in the curriculum
• Any and all materials and anchor charts, etc, that are mentioned in the lesson plans are included in this bundle
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE LESSON PLANS?
• Material lists
• Before lesson prep notes
• Mini-lessons or warm-ups
• Story problem launching scripts
• Story problem share time guiding questions
• Whole group lessons
• Anchor chart ideas and plans
• Standards list (SMPs and Common Core Tags)
• Math Talks with guiding questions
• Hands-on activity plans and material lists
• Counting Collections plans and focuses
• M.A.T.H (Meet with me, At my seat, Tech, Hands on) plans for each week
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THESE LESSON PLANS?
The vast majority of this curriculum is complete. However, some anchor charts and lesson plans are incomplete. By purchasing this growing bundle now, you will get the remainder of the lesson plans, charts, and any additional resources for FREE!
In addition, there are some resources that are included in this bundle, like formal math assessments, that will be updated to align more closely with this curriculum as the curriculum is written. Please be patient with me as I work diligently to align all of the pieces of this curriculum. And look for it to be completely finished by May 2019, if not much sooner!
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2018, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!